Thread: Im Just a Pit Bull

Default Im Just a Pit Bull

So im currently in a 20 page debate on my horse forum over a PB that attacked a horse somewhere in America. Someone posted this and I have to share. It made me tear up, and I've never even owned a PB!

I'm Just a Pit Bull
    by Jason M. Flatt, Founder, Friends to the Forlorn

A scowl genetically embedded on my face, as I didn't come from the greatest place.
    I was born out of brutality and cruelty. Any act of kindness towards me would be something completely new to me.
    I never win the popularity contest, as I am not liked by many. When they handed out chances, I never received any.
    I always walk alone, but not by choice, I can’t even plead my case, as I have no voice.
    The jury is out before my trial even begins. I have become a storage facility that is full of humanity's sins.
    My friends are sentenced to death without committing a crime...The hurt and the pain that is inflicted on me is overlooked all the time.
    I have been racially profiled because of my breed... Fought to the death for other people’s greed.
    I have viewed much of my life on chains, or behind bars... You can’t even see my smile, because it’s been hidden by scars.
    You read horrific stories of all my heinous acts... the press exploits me without knowing all the facts.
    My neck has grown heavy with your weights and your chains...I have been fed nothing but torture, and I have absorbed all the pain.
    My life can be compared to that of slavery... Is this the path that society has made for me?
    I am resilient by nature and I have way too much pride... That's why it is rare to see someone like me ever cry.
    What I really want is to be by your side. I'm loyal to you forever, or at least until I die.
    What few of you know is how emotional I can be. All I want is to be part of your family.
    I am not saying that all of us are perfect or great. Humans come in both and good and bad, so you should be able to relate.
    I don't want to be beaten down any longer... you need to make laws to protect me, much stronger.
    Don’t stand there and let this happen one more day. The cruelty I am subjected to is not OK.
    I know it will take time and your schedule is full. Why would you want to try and help me???

I'm just a Pit Bull.
    Education not Legislation

made3 all the sadder because its so very true

Thanks for sharing Myf.
    Out of interest.Is the horse forum VicHorse or Cyberhorse or Eques?
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

Thanks for sharing Myf. That's so sad and so very true. Poor poor dogs

Cressy, Tasmania

Thank you for sharing that. But, sadly this is the truth and the sad fact of these poor beloved dogs get. Humens are nothing but greedy things. A dog will do anything in the world for YOU... even fight to death for YOU!!!!

Sadly, People live in the past. But really? where will that get you in life? NO WHERE! You need to live in NOW, and look to the FUTURE!

Thread Information