Here are the symptoms and circumstances. Does anyone have a similar experience and a suggestion diagnosis, outcome or course of action. Thanks in advance.
The dog is a 2 (going on 3) year old maremma sheepdog male. Fit and healthy, tons of energy and vey annoying when I am online.
Here is the sequence of events.
Sunday 12 Dec
1. feed dog and 4.30pm all was ok
2. got home at 5.30pm dog eating excessive grass and vomiting
3. temperature 39.3
4. also drooling and drinking a lot of water
Earlier that day we had been for a walk and he seemed fine.
Monday 13 Dec
1. took dog to vet suspecting obstruction in the throat, stomach ?
2. temperature 39.6
3. endoscope was clear
4. Antibiotics and a general anaesthetic
5. Dog really groggy all night but improved
Tuesday 14 Dec
1. 8am Dog very tired, but affectionate
2. 5.30pm feed
3. 8pm vomiting, drinking lost of water, eating excessive grass
Jackson is very tired and this temperature is 38.7. He is eating. Has difficulty shallowing. He appears to have abdominal discomfort / pain.
Anyone have suggestions, experience with similar symptoms?