A few things that I have learned over the years:
1. When changing a dogs diet do so slowly. Failure to do this may result in explosive diarrhea (there's a mental image you can take to the bank).
2. If a dog throws up once, live with it. If they throw up twice, start to be concerned. If they throw up three times, take them to the vet.
3. Do not walk a dog 1hr after a meal or 30 mins before a meal. This helps to reduce the chance of bloat. If you haven't dealt with bloat - lucky you
4. Always have 2-3 buckets of water for a dog. Put them in various places around so that there is always one not exposed to sunlight and thus not warm.
5. Feed what works for you. OK Chum is Satan's foot fungus, but if it works for your dog and your dog lives a long and healthy life, who are we to judge?
6. Poo is exponential in regards to the amount of dogs you have. 2 dogs poo 4 times more than one, 3 poo 9 times more than one and so on and so forth.
7. You know your dog better than anyone. If a vet tells you there is nothing wrong, and you don't agree, get a second opinion and a third.
8. In regards to the above, some people will keep searching til they find the answer they want. Don;t think about what you want, think about what the dog needs.
9. Leave nothing on the countertops. You will at one point in your life own a counter surfer, start practicing now
10. If a dog poops in technicolour you know where your socks have gone.