I would much prefer to get our new pup (Golden Retriever mix) when she is 8.5 weeks old because I have read that this is good timing, but circumstances are putting pressure on us to collect her earlier, at just 7 weeks old. It's not the breeder pressuring at all. It's just unavoidable practical circumstances .
If it turns out that we have to collect her this early, how bad is it really? How serious (or not) are the disadvantages of missing out on the 11 extra days with her mum and siblings?
On the plus side, at 7 weeks we can collect her in person and transport her with us by road (4 hours!) in the car. If we wait until 8.5 weeks she'll very likely have to travel 4.5 hours by DogMovers in a van with other dogs.