Ok, so originally I posted a thread looking for information on a Amstaff X...
Thank you to everyone who supplied me with info!
I have since discovered that there is not a lot of difference between and Amstaff and an American Pit Bull (a restricted breed in Victoria...)
Now I have my doubts.
Could you help me find a breed approporiate for our situation?
- My partner and I are in our early 20s.
- We own a house with a medium sizes backyard.
- Our house backs onto a reserve and walking track
- We are quite active.
- My partner works half days.
- We have a rabbit.
- Eventually (next 5 years) we will have kids
- We love the look of the Amstaff, and the size is ideal
- We would like a breed we can train, we are looking forward to putting in the time and effort
- We would like a dog for companionship mostly
If there is anything else I should be taking into consideration please let me know?