My staffy chelsea, 9, is sick. She has been a wonderful, playful girl.
She has a bloated stomach and is quiet, tired and looks sad. Been like this since early in the week but does not seem in pain.
Been to the vet twice for urine and blood test. Had trouble getting in despite my concerns. Had needles to help go to toilet and make bloating go down. Did not seem to work. Vet said possible liver tumour, as liver cannot process fluid and it is leaking into her stomach and are talking about $3,000 operation by specialist in Sydney. Possible GDV?
Have her booked in at emergency vet but cannot get into 8pm Saturday (tomorrow) for ultrasound and advice. Earliest I could get in - concerned if that is too long to wait?
I need some advice from anybody who's dog has been through something similar, or is experienced in these matters.
What are my best options?
If she has a liver tumour is it best that I have her put down due to quality of life?
She was always an active dog that has killed about 100 soccer balls in her day and I do not know how she would go if she couldn't run around and play.
Well the bloating come back? Will she have long-term health if the tumour is removed, or will she only last a couple more months?
If I pay for operation what are the chances of survival? Will she need future operation down the track due to recurrence?
Sorry about the length of post but bit frazzled at the moment.
Any advice or help will be appreciated.