Thread: Old Dog Advise Re: Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm

Question Old Dog Advise Re: Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm

HI Everyone, My 13yo baby boy is getting older ! but is amazing for his age compared to other similar aged dogs etc (see pic), he runs still, is fit but is stiffer in the mornings, stretches more and shakes after long walks etc but does also generally shake (as if hes nervous but hes not).

I have used sasha's blend of power and also Glyde but could not see much difference but then again as Henry cannot talk maybe it did.

I met a lady recently in dog park and she praised a human power that contains: glucosamine chondroitin msm and i wonder if anyone has tried and or has feedback ?

I also read this is good too: Flexicose Plus which is in liquid form.

regards and thanks Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was giving my Shar-Pei MSM when she was very sick. As you say, your dog cant tell you if one is better than others. I have heard of Sashas Blend making some dogs sick, while others thrive on it. If there was a cost factor, I think the MSM was the cheapest at Chemist Warehouse, from memory, about $44.00

Default Liquid Glucosamine

Hi there are a couple of products that I would look at if I was in your position. Both Flexicose and Syn-Flex have great products for pets and have the info on their sites. I think there maybe more Flexicose distributors in Australia, but you can still get Syn-Flex here. I know the syn-flex is beef flavored for dogs. They say the liquid glucosamine get into their system better.

Human grade glucosamine/condroitin is fantastic! Just get the powder from your chemist and sprinkle it on the dog's food. Around 1 teaspoon morning and night for a 20kg dog. Some dogs can get the runs with too much too soon, so start with a smaller amount and build up over about a week.

Just my opinion, but I think the glucosamine/chondroitin powder works better than any of the joint formulas designed for dogs. You can also use it in combination with a dog joint formula if you prefer.

Henry sounds like a sweetie . Our oldies feel the cold more as they age, so it might be an idea to pop a coat or jumper on him if he's getting the shakes and make sure he's feeling nice and cozy.
    Adelaide Dog - Preservative-free Pet Food. "Our Food, Your Love - Perfect"
    305a Payneham Rd, Royston Park
    Including support, sponsorship and fundraising for Dog Rescue and foster-carers

Thread Information