I have s/tzu who requires grooming regularly. Around his eyes are getting stained and becoming smelly, despite I clean at least once a day. I can do most clipping by myself but have found doing around eyes is very challenging. The reasons are:
1. My dog is very sensitive around his eyes and keeps moving (he can be aggressive, too.)
2. My clipper is rather fast and big compared to his face (I use oster and #5F blade for the dog)
At the moment my options are:
1. leave as it is and put up with discolourisation-any other swf dogs owners know. This won’t happen.
2. use thinning shears for the area below eyes (have not tried this before-this is real no no for schnauzers but would this be ok for s/tzu?) and use shears for the corner of eyes (Which I have been doing for him since I had him. He is still quite sensitive)
3. Take to a groomer-my only concern is if he will behave….
Please help me! Thanks. Hachna