Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help Me with a Witty Comeback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    So glad we amused you Trex. People posting windups on forums are called trolls.
    I could think of other names...

Don't give up your day job. I don't think you've got what it takes to make it as a comedian.

Devonport, Tasmania

Quote Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
    Meegsndogs, I never meant this to be serious, to me this was a little bit of fun. Although my thoughts on BYB'S, Desexing as well as the capabilities of people to look after dogs are serious.

You gotta admit we all really got into it and it was fun. If I insulted anyone, you have my sincerest apology. I guess I took this thread totally off the track as Myf was trying to achieve something else. You may not appreciate my idea of fun, but it was funny to see peoples reactions.

I have seen first hand what sort of morons consider themselves dog owners as I used to walk dogs as a volunteer for the AWL . As I said I know of some people who lived in a small unit and they bought a Border Collie, the only reason the wife wanted this dog was because it looked so cute and fluffy. They then surrended this dog due to behaviour issues, this dog could not be rehomed and was put down. This was really sad as it was not the dogs fault, it was the owners fault.

I find it really annoying that I could walk into any pet shop and if I have the cash I can buy a dog with no questions asked. No question will be asked about my garden, how secure it is, will my lifestyle allow me to provide the attention to this dog needs, can I afford the upkeep of the dog. Then we wonder why we have so many dogs who need to be rehomed or will face death row.

I guess I am still remaining off the topic, but the point of it is that all pet shops and breeders are doing this as a business and making a healthy little profit whilst doing it. The aim is to move as many dogs as possible without any consideration on where these dogs are going. I am interested on anyones thoughts on Murray River Puppies, this is another breeder who I found to be good, I even drove the 4hrs from Melbourne to visit them and check out the facilities.
    Ha, I get really annoyed at the amount of registered and so-called reputable breeders who behave in the same way. Some of them don't have a question in hell to ask about me, my family, my premises or anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
    Designer Dogs are less likely to suffer such problems due to the benefits of 'hybrid vigour'. Designer Dogs benefit from a stronger genetic makeup far more superior than the weaker purebreds, and are often not prone to the conditions which may affect the parent breeds.

I think we all agree that you have to choose your breeder carefully when buying a pup,regardless of whether it is a designer pup or a purerbred. You can be rest assured that if you are choosing your parents carefully that the breeders are screening parents to eliminate the genetic problems.
    Did your dog come from health tested parents?
    Last edited by Ellie; 06-17-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information