Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roo in the Morning is a No Go

Relatively speaking, if you factor in that roos are allowed to range free throughout their lifetime and are not subjected to long distance transport in cramped conditions. I don't consider any meat to be humane, that's why I'm vegetarian

But I can't very well inflict that on my dogs so yes, I say compared to supporting the raising and slaughtering of pigs, cows, sheep and especially chickens, I'd rather feed roo. Not exclusively, but as part of their diet the dogs seem to tolerate it no problems. If I can find free-range meat from other sources, I feed them that too.
    Last edited by meegsndogs; 06-09-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: themt is not a word

Have fed and still am feeding roo mince every night since i brought Lex home..
    No problems with him, and lex is healthy according to the vet..

I dont get any after smell tho haha...

Last time we went out west i was ment to bring Lex home some meat and a tail..
    Like usuall, never got around to it..
    <a href= target=_blank></a>

Ahhh lol yes roo meat can be a bit rich on the ole tumtum for some dogs, untill the gut juices get used to it, and digest it properly.
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.

Rural NSW

Mine scoff it when son does a kill.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Well i have half a cows worth of bones in my freezer now - nice happy cow, lived its life out on my cousins farm, I rather that way then from the butchers, but they only kill one a year, so dont often have bones for me

They are doing some lamb tomorrow, but I am out of room for bones, so they will give them away to any other dog people who want them
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

Thread Information