You may remember a few months ago that Bella suddenly started suffering from epilepsy. She has been on meds since, but now we have new symptoms and on the advise of our vet, she has been booked for a test for a genetic condition only seen in Staffords and brought to my attention by Clea. Basically, the end result is described as Mad Cows Disease. We are hoping against the odds that the new symptoms she is displaying are something completely unrelated, but if the tests do prove that she is suffering from this hell disorder, I will only prolong the inevitable for as long as I can keep her comfortably sedated as when she takes her meds in high dosage, she looks like a beached whale she is so fat, but reduce the meds like we have currently done and her neurological function is quite obviously impared.
I really can't imagine how I will cope if we lost yet another furkid this year. I miss Henry, Presley & Oopa so much, I just can't get my head around this possibility.
My understanding is that the test results won't be available for a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, we will up her meds to zone her out a bit. Perhaps I should be taking some too. She is very special to OH & I, she is our bubba. But hey like everyone else on here, we must make the right decision for the pet, if and when the time comes.
I am not trying to be dramatic, just venting and giving you the heads up for if it is what is suspected, I am going to need a few "rocks" around me. Thanks