Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Reported a Pet Shop Today

Default I Reported a Pet Shop Today

I went for a walk with the kids and didn't have the furbabes with me, so decided to allow them to have a look inside the pet shop as we walked past it.
    We went in and their kittens were in such shocking condition
    In one box/cage thingy, there was a litter of kittens that were filthy and had dags hanging off their bums. A customer mentioned it to the staff member and she said.. oh they need a bath no sh!t lady and by the looks they've "needed a bath" for days.

Then I looked to my left at another cage thingy and there was a litter of ragdoll kittens and one looked dead and had fleas crawling all over it's face
    I have never seen so many fleas in my life.. they were jumping all over the cage and it was as if they were selling fleas and a litter of kittens managed to sneak in it was that full on.
    I said to the staff person, these kittens are infested with fleas.. and she said, oh they've just been treated.
    Well screw me, they needed vet care, not a flea treatment and to be shoved back in a shop box. One was so ill I wasn't sure if it was alive.

I said loudly for all of the customers to hear (it was very busy) that their conditions were disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Then I got my kids out of there because they were so worried about the kitten that one of them was nearly in tears.

As soon as I got home I phoned the RSPCA and reported them I was fuming.

Devonport, Tasmania

Good on you Pugger. Sounds like they were in a heck of a state.

Only hope something is done about it though...

South Australia

good stuff!!!! Thank you for reporting it

Redland Bay, Queensland

Now that is disgusting...

You've done the right thing Pugger...  14

Good on you pugger! Some pet shops only care about profit not pets!

Well they make loads of money I am sure.. selling lab kelpie mixes for $650
    they sell reptiles, frogs spiders, rabbits, etc etc and they were so busy tonight with at least 20 customers there when I told them off.

I was quoted a reference number from the RSPCA so I can check up with the outcome in a couple days. I hope they get to the kittens in time because i doubt they will make it through the night. They would have been around 5 weeks old

Will pray that the kittens are okay and the RSPCA act very quickly!

Trinity Beach, CAIRNS

Good on you Pugger

I hope the kittens are ok!
    Only a twinkle in his daddys eye ♥♡
    (IM)patiently waiting for my long awaited newfie pup ♥♡

Hawkesbury, NSW

Well done Pugger, keep on at the RSPCA, if the pet shop is in a shopping centre report them to the centre management too.

Hope the poor kitties are seen in time...

In My Home Dog Minding

You've done the right thing Pugger.
    I hope they are okay!!

Thread Information