Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice Please... Floyd's Tummy

AF, when Floyd is lying on the ground, on his back, and his abdomen makes the loud noises, can you see any movement inside his stomach just under the skin?

DA... Floyds middle & lower belly wobbles a bit while its gurgling...its like hiccup moment but in lower belly region iykwim

He has been passing more wind the more i rub he's belly, in which he's enjoying every minute if it.. the sigh of relief can be clearly seen on he's facial expression

He seems to be a tad more active & happy as usual... i so hope he's back to normal asap.. & hope i'm worried& concerend over nothing to serious etc.

Why do these things always seem to happen after closing hours of Vets...

Murphy's Law AF, unfortunately.

If it's just a hicuppy sort of movement I wouldn't be too concerned. If it becomes more than that and you see any real squirming inside, I'd see the vet tomorrow.

Update...

I gave Floyd some honey last night & continued to rub he's belly, Floyd's back to he's normal healthy loonie self this morning, he did pass wind lots of times late last night & he woke up starving & ate all he's chicken brekki, pooped normally & moving about with ease, no slowing down lazy like movements etc, no sign of discomfort or pain

I am so relieved that he is well again, i was getting a tad worried after reading the "bloat" topic.

Thank you to all who offered advice etc, it's greatly appreciated

Just another question....

Floyd is due for 3monthly worming tablet, i give him vet prescribed worming tablets "FENPRAL" ...should i still give him worming tablet today or hold off for a few more days seeing as he was unwell with wind problems last night
    Last edited by Aussie Floyd; 04-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    Update...

I gave Floyd some honey last night & continued to rub he's belly, Floyd's back to he's normal healthy loonie self this morning, he did pass wind lots of times late last night & he woke up starving & ate all he's chicken brekki, pooped normally & moving about with ease, no slowing down lazy like movements etc, no sign of discomfort or pain

I am so relieved that he is well again, i was getting a tad worried after reading the "bloat" topic.

Thank you to all who offered advice etc, it's greatly appreciated
    That's great news!

So does that leave the conclusion that if this ever happens again to Floyd or anyone elses dog that honey does the trick?

That is so good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    That's great news!

So does that leave the conclusion that if this ever happens again to Floyd or anyone elses dog that honey does the trick?
    I swear by the honey in the water, that was shown to me by a trainer when Geisha first was sick, only trouble there was, the little bugger got so used to it, when I'd give her water, I always got the look --"Hey, wheres the honey!"

Quote Originally Posted by PeiLuver View Post
    I swear by the honey in the water, that was shown to me by a trainer when Geisha first was sick, only trouble there was, the little bugger got so used to it, when I'd give her water, I always got the look --"Hey, wheres the honey!"
    Lol thanks.

Honey seems to be good for most things regarding dogs; Kennel Cough and upset tummy's. What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Lol thanks.

Honey seems to be good for most things regarding dogs; Kennel Cough and upset tummy's. What's next?

I've read that "MANUKA" honey can be used to heal wounds, sores, rashes etc.. it has antibiotic properties in it..i've not tried it, can imagine a dog licking off like crazy though..

Manuka Honey is a mono-floral honey found only in New Zealand, where the Manuka tree (or bush) is a native plant. It has been quickly gaining fame around the world due to research showing beneficial healing properties unique to this honey
    That's amazing.

Thread Information