Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pug Cross

Perth, WA

Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    I saw a pug cross pup labeled as a pugalier today walking past a pet shop.
    Very very very cute.. but $995

That's no cheaper than a pure bred!!!!

When I mentioned this to my daughter I was sure to say it LOUD enough for the entire shop to hear
    omg that is just unbelievable! Good on you for making your opinion known Pugger

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the sale of an accidental cross litter, but call them what they are.. a MIXED BREED and sell them for the price they would sell for when rescuing from a pound etc
    $250 is more than enough.. and desex the pups before selling them too.

I just couldn't believe the price, Cavaliers sell for $800, why should a cross breed be more?

Haha, I do the same thing Pugger

Every time I go to a particular pet store here and there are people looking at the thousand dollar mutts I comment on them very loudly to my partner about how they are only $90 - $150 at the RSPCA and how they are puppy milled or backyard bred.

I don't have a problem with mutts at all, they are lovable dogs, but I can't stand people who deliberately breed them or buy them knowing full well the consequences.

Good on you Pugger!
    As a few others have said, you either like the Pug, or you like the Cavalier, you can't have both!
    There were Maltese X Shih Tzus and Jack Russell X Foxies the other day (pets shops favourite mixes) for $700 each. I commented fairly loudly, 'why would anyone pay that much for a mutt, you could buy a purebred for that amount' I actually got some dirty looks
    Education not Legislation

Sunshine Coast, Qld

The sad fact is though, they will sell them for that price.
    The best things in life, aren't things

Thread Information