Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Puppy and Dry Food

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Well, it also depends on how long you have had them. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get used to their new homes, ppl, etc before all the gut settles down, so to speak.

It sounds like it could possibly be the Supercoat, but hard to say. They can also get it from excitement, playing hard, a lot of other reasons besides diet to be honest.

If it continues on and off, then yep, I'd certainly try changing the dry food to one that is possibly better quality and see if that makes a difference.
    Should you ever change foods of course, remember to do it slowly over a period of time, not just suddenly. Seems obvious, but not all ppl realise how much a sudden change can impact.
    Exactly what I'm thinking too. Batty did fine on Supercoat for the first three-ish weeks that we had him, then suddenly he had the runs from it so badly that I was (again) fearing parvo. I switched foods and haven't had a problem since. I don't know what it was that changed, but something did!

Gold Coast, Australia

Puppies tummies can be easily upset. My breeder recommended a tablespoon of yogurt to the evening meal to settle their tummy and firm up the poo. It worked and now I don't need to use it but she loves it!!!

Thanks, I think I will eventually introduce another food....going to have a chat to the Vet today so hoping that will help.

Looks like the puppies are all ok now their poos are back to normal YAY! so all good.

Thanks for all the great advice, its been really helpful

Thread Information