Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady's High Jump Results.

Oh thats just fantastic Myf!! Now dont you should feeling very proud of yourself as well the gorgeous Lady.
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

Mitte, my fence is about 1.2m and she flies over it. Thats why we went through a period when she had to be tied up, cause she would come looking for me.
    She hasn't jumped the fence for about 4 months, but I know she could if she wanted to
    Education not Legislation

hey how do i find out about where when and how high jump comps are held?? gyps would be in the running for sure i think if she were a show jumper (horse) she would be a champ you should see her ballance and technique

Well this was at a local agriculture show that happens every year, I go all the time but never entered.

And heres a list of all the shows in Victoria over the next year
    Victorian Agricultural Shows Ltd. Calendar 2010

Dog Jumping Competition Regulations

1. This competition is a test of the dogs jumping ability.

2. The competition is open to all dogs.

3. The dog is permitted to jump on to or over the jump.

4. A dog who has won at Show Society level will qualify for the State Final Judging. A dog can represent only ONE Society.

5. Each Society conducting this competition must supply to V.A.S.A. in writing immediately following the Show: -
    - Name of the winning dog in each Section. Height jumped by winning dog in each Section. - - - Name, address and telephone number of owner of winning dog in each Section.

6. All dogs not competing must be on a lead with a handler in the Marshalling Area behind the competition area. Competition area should be 15 metres long by 8 metres wide.

7. Only ONE dog may be loose in the competition area at any one time.

8. Every dog must compete at every height.

9. There must be a handler at the top of the jump to act as a catcher if necessary, and a handler as a catcher at the bottom. The dog's owner must supply the extra handler.

10. Each dog is allowed three attempts at each height if necessary.

11. In the event of two dogs jumping the same height, the winner shall be determined as the dog that took the least number of attempts from one jump.

12. A dog may compete on a loose lead or must be released at a minimum of three metres from the jump.

13. ANY MISHANDLING OR MISUSE OF A DOG WILL INCUR IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.

14. If, in the opinion of the Stewards, a dog is unsafe to other competitors or the general public, it will be withdrawn from the Competition.

15. The Jumps should be constructed according to the following specifications:-
    The top must be a minimum of 600mm wide and covered with carpet or some such material. Construction and dimensions see diagram attached.

16. Classes - Small dog class under 50 cms. - Medium dog class 50 cms and less than 60 cms. - Large dog class 60 cms and over.

17. If, since competing at a local Show, a dog which has won in any of the classes has grown in height, that dog must compete in the appropriate class at the State Final.

18. A ladder will be provided for the handler.

I've been busy over the weekend so just caught up on the news

Congratulations Myf and Lady.

congrats Myf and well done lady.... that was a great final height
    Last edited by Netty; 03-29-2010 at 08:19 AM.
    Dogs Aren't Our Whole Lives, But They Make Our Lives Whole

thanks myf!! so you can have them on a long lead (ie lunge rope)? because she is an awesome jumper i just worry about distractions!! (oh and wel done to you and Lady!!)

Yeah you could use a lunge lead Laura
    They explain when you get there, you can use any method to get the dog up, you just can't touch them(push them up, pull them up, lift them up)

=) no need to do that! i swear she has wings hidden under all that fur!!

Thread Information