I am in a peculiar situation.
I have Rufus - and that is fine - he is well behaved and is working towards his titles.
I also have Shiloh - whose name hasn't changed yet. I was contacted by her previous owners who think they want her back. Their dog is suffering without her. I have said that if they really want her back then take a few days, think about it and get back to me. She is a nice dog - a little schitz but nothing major. She is good with other animals etc etc etc.
However, I received a call a few days ago from a breeder saying they had mated their bitch - as many of you know. Now - IF she is pregnant I get first choice or up there with the first choice for a show pup. However, this dog doesn't have the breeding I am after and I will perhaps want a pup from their other bitch when they mate her.
I will go and meet the bitches over the holidays and decide.
I am either going to end up with Rufus, Shiloh and a pup or Rufus and a pup. Rufus gets on with Shiloh fine but he does demand a lot of attention. This will be interesting when the pup comes around
So here I am - after being around sheps for around 30 odd years I am in the position to get my first real show prospect, from breeders I respect and potentially from breeding I know well.
Will this be easy? Hell no - it is going to be a challenge.