Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich City Council

Default Ipswich City Council

I am very happy

Ipswich City Council are door knocking around my area doing an animal survey

I love that they are doing something pro-active about the animals around here. They're doing a dog and cat survey and are fining those with unregistered animals and registering the animals on the spot too.

I think it's brilliant!

Good on em!

Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

What do you get in return for the registration? We dont get anything really.

At least they should have a better insight into just how many households own animals.
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.
    Beau.

Oh CR@P!!! We haven't registared Poppy! CR@PPITY CR@P CR@P!!! We microchipped her and she got a dog registar tag but I don't think she is registared with the council???

How do I do that? Where do I go? What does it mean if they are registared? What benefits are there?

P.S - There was this thread on DOL a few weeks ago about Ipswich City Council and how the pound had PTS a puppy that got out over the christmas period. Then it came out that the pound only holds dogs for 3 working days and people got really nasty about that...THEN the counciller Andrew someone or other got on DOL and got involved in the discussion...so maybe the survey is a branch off that???
    Last edited by amy86; 03-18-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Oh CR@P!!! We haven't registared Poppy! CR@PPITY CR@P CR@P!!! We microchipped her and she got a dog registar tag but I don't think she is registared with the council???

How do I do that? Where do I go? What does it mean if they are registared? What benefits are there?

P.S - There was this thread on DOL a few weeks ago about Ipswich City Council and how the pound had PTS a puppy that got out over the christmas period. Then it came out that the pound only holds dogs for 3 working days and people got really nasty about that...THEN the counciller Andrew someone or other got on DOL and got involved in the discussion...so maybe the survey is a branch off that???
    Um, it's not about what benefits there are. But I guess not being fined for having an unregistered dog could be a benefit?

It's the law.

DA, I only asked about the benefits because someone else did!

I know its the law! Have googled the city council website and got more info.

Relax Amy Deep breaths

All you do is go into the council offices and pay there. They're right near the library I think in Ippy itself.

They're targeting problem animals and adult dogs more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Relax Amy Deep breaths

All you do is go into the council offices and pay there. They're right near the library I think in Ippy itself.

They're targeting problem animals and adult dogs more than anything else
    Thanks Ange! Where is the Library??? I can't seem to find the street address for the council offices on the website!!! Very annoying! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Thanks Ange! Where is the Library??? I can't seem to find the street address for the council offices on the website!!! Very annoying! Lol!
    You can do it online too: Ipswich City Council - Dog Registration

Addresses are here: Ipswich City Council - Contact Us

Customer Service Centre Location: Ipswich City Square, 117 Brisbane Street (Cnr Bell Street) Ipswich

I always found Qld excellent with council checks. Where we lived (and my husband and family grew up) they would do random checks a few times a year. No excuse, fine on the spot. I mean seriously, if the dog is de-sexed it costs less than a packet of smokes. Great incentive to get ppl to de-sex their dogs IMO.

Not only that if the dog is lost and picked up then taken to the pound, well at least they're traceable quickly, regardless of micro-chipping etc.

Thread Information