Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruddy Stupid Dog Transport Companies! Vent.

Where's she coming from again DA? You coulda put her on the plane with ME! I be there sooon!!

Lol@GSD's. Of course that's exactly what I was thinking!!!

Oh yeah, C&B. She's coming from Melbourne Airport. Virgin Blue of course for pets. Flies into Launceston.

Hey C&B. Just checked that out, but the price difference bt=etween what she goes on accompanied and what she will cost to travel unaccompanied isn't much. Like $50 difference, that's all. Sigh.

Really? We're flying into Burnie on REX and the kiddies are being charged as "Excess baggage"! We pay $3 per kg I think.

Sing out if you need any help from this end anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie & Bella's mum View Post
    Really? We're flying into Burnie on REX and the kiddies are being charged as "Excess baggage"! We pay $3 per kg I think.

Sing out if you need any help from this end anyway!
    Hey? I didn't know Rex crried pets as freight. Always believed only Qantas and Virgin Blue did.

Are you coming from Melbourne Airport? And flying Rex into Burnie? Which is like 30 minutes fro me???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

When are you arriving in Burnie, C&B?

We arrive on the 1st of April at.. umm.... Not sure Maybe 4:30ish I think. I really should find out

Yep, flying out of Tullamarine. I have no idea what actually happens - I assume we just check the dogs in with our bags? I'm not sure if Rex has size restrictions on dogs or anything, I do know we're not allowed to put Charlie & Bella in together though, which is a shame.

Oh, you're coming in on a Thursday afternoon? Lol. Thurdays we're at basketball in Ulverstone.

I think it's a hell of a lot to deal with, in your shoes. You've already got two dogs coming with you????

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Oh, you're coming in on a Thursday afternoon? Lol. Thurdays we're at basketball in Ulverstone.

I think it's a hell of a lot to deal with, in your shoes. You've already got two dogs coming with you????
    What a coincidence lol, I'll be in Ulverstone on Thursday afternoon too! Hahah.

We're actually still trying to work out how we get from the longterm carpark to the terminal - will the dogs be allowed on the bus?

Look, it's an option for you anyway - even if we met the carer (I assume?) at the airport (I'm doubtful we could fit 3 crates & 2 suitcases in the car unfortunately!) and checked her in with us etc, at least she'd have someone with her in case anything happens (flight delayed, etc).

Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol, I'm struggling to explain myself.

Like I said, happy to help if you need it

I don't know what they're like in Melbourne. I know in other cases it has been that the dogs are delivered to the freight dept. (separate area) prior to your check-in. Any passengers travelling with pets then have to go through check-out themselves and wander over to the freight arae where the dogs are contained in a separate building/area, while all quarantine paperwork is checked off etc.

But I have no idea about what REX does, or what the Burnie airport is like. Just looked through the website, and looks like weight-wise and crate hire still works out about $150 plus in price for her.

I thank you kindly for your offer of assistance. You're being picked up from Burnie Airport yes? If not, I can help you there and pick you and husband up from Burnie and take you to Ulvie, as I'm already in Ulvie every Thursday afternoon.

I think you need to check with the Airport in Melbourne about Charlie and Bella. You may need to have them dropped off first, then take the car to the carpark facility, then catch the shuttle back to the airport? I've never seen the pets allowed on them?

Yeah I have no idea lol. I'll give both the airport and rex a ring this week. I've only ever been to Burnie airport once, and I must admit I paid absolutely no attention to it - it was just after we'd moved over here and we have to fly home for a funeral, so I was pretty upset when I arrived in Burnie.

We're hiring a car at the airport so I don't have to borrow mum's for 10 days! Thank you for the offer

Anyway, the offer's here if you need anything on this side of the water

Charlie is currently trying to impress us by getting in his crate and sitting like a good boy I think he's waiting for treats

Thread Information