Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Breed Makes You Think ... Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post

NB: Not going to apologise all over the place to anybody here who has a smallish breed dog. Gosh, we'd be apologising forever and there would be no point to this thread.
    Should anybody feel 'aggreived' that another member doesn't happen to like the breed they own, please get over it or refrain from reading this thread.
    I agree!!! This thread is not about offending others! Its about discussing our likes and dislikes of dog breeds.

We are all mature adults (well most of us! Haha!) and I am sure we can appreciate a difference of opinion without getting offended!!!

Right now that is said...I'm off to send DA a nasty PM since she said she doesn't like small dogs and I have a small dog!!!

Agree with Di. There is not a breed of dog out there I don't like. But there are plenty that would not suit my current situation or patience or environment. I can't say I dislike any dog because of size or looks, they're all dogs to me.

I would love to have a Chi but the kids would ruin it and spoil it, that's if someone didn't break it first. But I look at my mum with hers tagging along behind her able to take it anywhere and think, gee that would be nice.

crap got to go just realised when I moved the puppies from the back run to the front run which has cover that I left the gate open and the big dogs have all their toys.

back...and because I have multiple dogs that also influenced my choice. There are some breeds I would own one of but not many of, if that makes sense??
    Last edited by mouseandchicken; 03-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Any breed that is smallish. I particularly dislike Chihuahuas. Hd enough hanging off my arms to last a lifetime. Kind of like I don't like rats either.

I love big dogs.

NB: Not going to apologise all over the place to anybody here who has a smallish breed dog. Gosh, we'd be apologising forever and there would be no point to this thread.
    Should anybody feel 'aggreived' that another member doesn't happen to like the breed they own, please get over it or refrain from reading this thread.
    I agree!

I love the looks of the "old" type GSD, but do not like the way they are being bred now...scrawny looking things!

I love Rottweiler, but would probably never own another one for obvious reasons.

I adore German Shorthair Pointers...but don't really like the looks of the wire-haired ones...actually I don't like many wire-haired dogs to be honest.

I am sooooooo NOT a poodle person!!!!!

I wouldn't seek out to own a poodle, designer dog, or any woollie/long-coat dogs. Not all of them look weird but eh, how come I have only ever seen the likes of Bedlington terriers at dog shows? I have never seen one walking their owners on the streets. I don't dislike any breed but there are a few that I would think, "Only a mother could love that" lol

Clea your "obvious reasons" don't really stand out to me. I am only blonde, a tad slow. Why wouldn't you own a rottie? Because they have tails?
    <a href=http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/mysnakesau/P1040826-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...P1040826-1.jpg</a>RIP Tigga

I think most dogs are just wonderful, but am more comfortable with GSD, SBT or cattle dogs. I suppose if I was home all the time a smallish dog would be okay, but there is no way I am going to have a handbag dog! It just isn't me!

Quote Originally Posted by mydogau View Post
    I wouldn't seek out to own a poodle, designer dog, or any woollie/long-coat dogs. Not all of them look weird but eh, how come I have only ever seen the likes of Bedlington terriers at dog shows? I have never seen one walking their owners on the streets. I don't dislike any breed but there are a few that I would think, "Only a mother could love that" lol

Clea your "obvious reasons" don't really stand out to me. I am only blonde, a tad slow. Why wouldn't you own a rottie? Because they have tails?
    Have owned 2.....1 rescue girl who turned nasty and had to be pts. 1 purebred boy how attacked our kids and had to be returned to breeders...and he had the most beautiful tail

I feel a particular affinity for the Kelpies, ACD's and BC's based on their intelligence, biddability (excluding the kelpie... damn dogs too smart for their own good!) and I LOVE their sleek looks.

I would never own any toy dog - I'd fall over it all the time and break it more than likely. For some reason all of my dogs are velcro dogs... Not a bad thing, but it can be dangerous at times!

I wouldn't own a dog that can't be brushed a couple of times a week and that's all it needs, unless it's an English Springer and then I'd jump at the chance - just not suitable for the property IMO because I'd be constantly pulling burrs out of it's coat!

I love rough and ready dogs, ones that are up for anything, will play rough but can also play gentle, have a high energy requirement and can learn just about anything!

I am not going to apologise either for my preferences. I dislike the look of staffys even though the ones I know are great. They just do not appeal to me at all, neither do chi's. I could never have a long coated dog here, so many different types of burrs and I do not want the never ending maintenance that would bring. With the extreme heat here too I would not have thick coated dogs.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

I love Standard Poodles, but do not like the miniature and toy ones.

I like medium coats and long coats, but will admit that owning a short coated dog is SOOOOOOO much easier than owning a long coated one!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Have owned 2.....1 rescue girl who turned nasty and had to be pts. 1 purebred boy how attacked our kids and had to be returned to breeders...and he had the most beautiful tail
    Oh dear. I am really sorry. I should have read back on older posts, perhaps I'd learn to be more sensitive. Sad news for the dogs, but I hope your children are ok.
    <a href=http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/mysnakesau/P1040826-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...P1040826-1.jpg</a>RIP Tigga

Thread Information