I finally got the bad doggy smell out of Batty's blankets!
It's been driving me nuts, normal washing with napisan just wasn't doing the trick.
To give a little of the back story, Batty had an accident in the house and dragged his blanket onto it without me knowing about it. I found it after the piddle was dry and I'm sure you all know how much that stinks.
I have washed and washed and washed and nothing was working!
This morning I got a bit of a brainwave. I use vinegar to clean up the messes on the floors so why not to remove the smell from the blanket. I figured since I'm doing one, I'll do them all. All got thrown in the laundry tub with 1 part vinegar and 4 parts water, soaked for 20 mins then squeezed out and washed as normal. I use the liquid Dynamo with Sard at the moment because my usual laundry liquid wasn't available. All the colours look amazing including the blanket that I crocheted that is 3 quarters white!
I am proud at the moment! Others may have already known about this but I didn't I'm really happy and thought I'd share