After reading DA posts about no dog parks in her shire or town. So I looked up the new shire that we moving to and see what they have got to offer.
This part I understand.Dog Registration
- Registering Your Dog
- Registering your dog is compulsory and the following rules set out in the Dog Act must be followed:
- Register your dog with Council after it is 3 months old and keep it registered.
- Attach the registration tag and a name tag with your name, address and phone number to your dog’s collar.
- When outside your own property, keep your dog on a leash at all times.
- Pick up after your dog if it defecates on the footpath or verge.
- Greyhounds must be muzzled at all times when outside their property and you may only have two under your control in a public place.
This is the part I dont understand.
Now wouldnt american pit bull terriers and pit bull terrier breed be the same breed of dog?
- Dangerous Dogs
- The following dog breeds are deemed to be dangerous:
- Argentinian fighting dogs
- Brazilian fighting dogs
- Japanese tosas
- American pit bull terriers
- Pit bull terrier breeds
- Any dog of a mixed breed that visibly contains any of the above named breeds
- Owners of Dangerous Dogs MUST:
- Display the dangerous dog sign on all entrances to their property
- Have a dangerous dog collar on their animal at all times
- Muzzle and leash dogs when outside the property
- Be over 18 years of age
- Dangerous dog collars and signs are available for purchase from the Shire Office.
Now has everyone on here been fined before?
- Fines & Penalties
On the Spot Fines
- Permitting a dog to be in a public place not held on a leash - $100.
- Owner's name and address not on the collar - $50.
- Permitting a dog to be in a public place without registration tag - $50.
- Having an unregistered dog - $100.
Offences and Maximum Penalties
- Allowing a dog to be in a public place whilst not on a leash - $1,000.
- If a dog attacks a person, animal or bird - $10,000.
- Allowing a dog to be a nuisance - $2,000.
- Keeping more than the legal number of dogs - $1,000.
- Having an unregistered dog - $500.