Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Use a Slow Cooker?

Oh thanks Cleas. Will try that one. Love the cream, use that a bit in cooking, so will chuck that in at the end. Same with the cornflour for thickening etc.

I get sick of cooking, so thought buying this slow-cooker could make things easier for me at the end of the day.

I love the idea of dinner being cooked when I come home - that'd be nice. But I dunno... I get really paranoid about leaving stuff turned on when I'm not home. But I guess it's not too different to leaving the radio on? Although... I take so long to get ready in the morning I'm not sure I'd have time to prepare dinner as well!!

My main concern though would probably be a certain greedy pug(x) spending his whole day trying to work out how to climb up onto the bench to get the yummy smelling food!!

Everyone's recipe's sound delicious.... it's making me hungry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    About 1 hour before dinner time I add a small amount of thickened cream (it tastes really nice).
    Yeh I bet it does. I bet you don't even add cream you just posted that because you know I am reading the thread

I am having dairy withdraws.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Oh thanks Cleas. Will try that one. Love the cream, use that a bit in cooking, so will chuck that in at the end. Same with the cornflour for thickening etc.

I get sick of cooking, so thought buying this slow-cooker could make things easier for me at the end of the day.
    remember to mix corn flour with a bit of water before adding or else you will just end up with lumps everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    remember to mix corn flour with a bit of water before adding or else you will just end up with lumps everywhere!
    Actually, i don't mix the cornflour with water. I usually scoop out some of the liquid in the pot, and use that to mix up the cornflour into. Just seems to thicken better and faster than mixing it with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie & Bella's mum View Post
    I love the idea of dinner being cooked when I come home - that'd be nice. But I dunno... I get really paranoid about leaving stuff turned on when I'm not home. But I guess it's not too different to leaving the radio on? Although... I take so long to get ready in the morning I'm not sure I'd have time to prepare dinner as well!!

My main concern though would probably be a certain greedy pug(x) spending his whole day trying to work out how to climb up onto the bench to get the yummy smelling food!!

Everyone's recipe's sound delicious.... it's making me hungry!!
    You can prepare it the night before and put it in the fridge in the pot from the slow cooker and that way all you have to do is pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and turn it on.

Just remember, you dont need as much liquid, ( I use chicken or beef stock), as you would if you were making a stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I have a book of recipes that was put together on DOL if you would like it DA. It is about 60 pages long of recipes that everyone contributed. PM me your email if you would like it and I'll dig it up from my files.
    thats the one i emailed to her LOL

www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorbull View Post
    thats the one i emailed to her LOL
    Lol. Just received an e-mail of recipes. Lol. Thanks anyway, Anne.

But I still got your lamb shanks recipe out of it, so husband is especially happy about that one! Lol.

Thread Information