Thread: At boiling point

Default At boiling point

As some of you may have read I rescued 3 chihuahuas almost 5 months ago. I kept 1 (Joey) and my aunty took the other 2. Now these dogs came with alot of health and behavioural problems, like most chihuahuas that aren't socilized they were biting everything in site. Well I don't stand for that especially when we have 6 other dogs, 1 of which also had aggression problems at the time, so Joey was taught right from the start that he was not allowed to do that and I told my aunty that she had better teach the same thing to the male chihuahua that she took, he was the worst biter out of the 3. Well stupid aunty doesn't teach him a thing and now 5 months on decided she was sick of the dogs and gave them away to people she didn't even know. She didn't even de-sex them or vaccinate them, which I had done 3 weeks after getting Joey. To say I am ashamed to be known as her family is an understatement. I am just so mad at the moment...

you rescued the dogs - it was your responsibility to do temperament assessments and vet work on the dogs regardless of where they were going

sorry Occy maybe I should have explained the story in a bit more detail...I am not a dog rescuer just someone that likes to help animals where I can. These dogs were being sold by a woman that said she rescued and bred chi's for over 15 yrs my aunty always wanted one and found out this woman was selling them so asked me to go with her to see these dogs. When we arrived and I saw the appaling conditions they were in I took the dogs and told the woman where to go, so effectively it was both my aunty and myself that saved them. We rang 2 rescue groups the next day only to find out they had no where to put these dogs and said that if we wanted to we could keep the dogs and fix them up, even the rescue group that went and removed the other dogs from this woman had no where to place a chi that needed work on it's behaviour and said the 2 they seized from her would probably already get put to sleep. I would have kept the dogs but I already had a house full and my aunty took the other 2, otherwise I would have rehomed them myself after sorting out their issues. It is a very long and complacated story, sorry I should have gone into more detail.

Thread Information