Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Hi

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    The only two I've ever known weighed 65 & 69 kgs. Weren't overweight, just must have been big?
    That's massive. I think you might mean 65 to 69 pounds.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    My dog is 21 kg and I am pretty sure he would be hard for a child to push around in a wheelbarrow!
    Last edited by Cleasanta; 02-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    My dog is 25kg now.. mmmmmm

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,059

    Default

    Frosty is 23 kg almost, and I pick her up to put her in and out of the car. Not sure I could persuade her to sit in the wheel barrow. And not sure I've seen a wheelbarrow big enough to comfortably hold even a small GR.

    A JRT maybe but not a GR.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepé Le Pew View Post
    That's massive. I think you might mean 65 to 69 pounds.
    Nope, I don't mean pounds. They were about the height of a Ridgeback and were solidly built. I met them in the vet waiting room with a foster dog - I saw the reading on the scales. They were gorgeous too!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Um, pounds is pounds. There is no way on this earth that a golden retriever weighs 65-69 kilo okay. That is their average expected fully grown weight in pounds, although the larger boned ones can weigh up to 80 pounds or so. This equates between apporx 27-36 kilo or so, okay.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redland Bay, Queensland
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Hi Pepé Le Pew..... That's strong deodorant you're wearing !!!
    http://www.dogforum.com.au/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=577&dateline=12727082  14

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Um, pounds is pounds. There is no way on this earth that a golden retriever weighs 65-69 kilo okay. That is their average expected fully grown weight in pounds, although the larger boned ones can weigh up to 80 pounds or so. This equates between apporx 27-36 kilo or so, okay.
    Maybe they're crosses with something? They have the same coat and look to all of the GR's that I can find pictures of, one pale and one darker, they're just huge. I know what I read on the scales at the vets and I commented on how heavy they were. Their legs are a fair bit thicker than the pictures I can find.

    I am As I said earlier they are the only two GR's that I have come in contact with that I can remember - then again their size has probably stuck in my mind more than anything!

    I'll ring Shauna and see if she'll send me through some photos and check that it's ok to pop them up here and I'll show you the photos. I'm sure you'd be able to tell me if they're crosses or not.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Maybe they're crosses with something? They have the same coat and look to all of the GR's that I can find pictures of, one pale and one darker, they're just huge. I know what I read on the scales at the vets and I commented on how heavy they were. Their legs are a fair bit thicker than the pictures I can find.

    I am As I said earlier they are the only two GR's that I have come in contact with that I can remember - then again their size has probably stuck in my mind more than anything!

    I'll ring Shauna and see if she'll send me through some photos and check that it's ok to pop them up here and I'll show you the photos. I'm sure you'd be able to tell me if they're crosses or not.
    Lol Angela. Just not possible they are GR's. Or else they're a freak of nature, they'd HAVE to be. Maybe crossed with a saint Bernard or Newfoundland, Mastiff or Leonberger or another huge breed?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    To help form a picture, for example 69 kilo equals approx 152 pounds. Now a fully grown newfoundland MALE averages around the 130 pound range tops, although there have been some according to history who weighed in at almost 200 pounds. OMG! Females smaller/lesser body weight of course.

    A Golden Retriever's size and weight is nothing like a Newfoundland.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •