Humans are not always at fault here....I learnt that the hard way! The day I picked up Henry from the shelter, I was driving him home and had him tied up to the back seat head rest with the window partially down to give him some fresh air, given he had been locked up in the pound for a week or so at that point. Well we pulled up cnr South Road and Nepean Hway (VERY busy intersection) - fight or flight kicked in, Henry snapped his collar and took off out the window. He headed for the beach and wasn't seen again until about lunchtime the next day.
A few lessons learnt that evening:
1. A harness is a must in the car
2. air conditioning is better than fresh air with a new foster
3. You look to be quite insane trolling the streets and calling out...."Music, music"
4. Change the dogs name from Music to Henry!!
5. Keep the cupboard stocked with valium (for human consumption)......or take Bella's!!!