1. You would have been to their home, met the puppies, met the mother and possibly the father, seen the conditions they grew up in and who they grew up around.
2. Given advice on raising the puppy.
3. The owner of the mother would have met you before you were allowed to take the puppy and would have interviewed you and possibly seen YOUR house to ensure a safe, happy environment for the puppy.
4. Would have given you details of how and when to worm, along with recommendations of what products to use.
5. Would have thoroughly explained what foods your puppy has been fed and should continue to be fed.
6. Would have given you details of when to desex.
7. Would have a support for life policy.
8. Would not ever allow someone else to sell the puppies for them.
9. Would not ever allow wash a baby puppy more frequently than once a month or fortnight.
10. Would have explained grooming requirements for your breed - Yes your puppy will require grooming for it's entire life!
And that's just for starters, there is SO much more that should go into it but that's all I can think of for the moment. If the person you bought your puppy from did all of this great they've been responsible.
What you explained was someone else sold you the puppy on behalf of the owner of the mother (Same thing as a pet shop), gave you a bunch of stuff but not much guidance and didn't explain much of anything to you. You didn't meet the mother or father, you didn't see where the pup had been raised, you didn't get any support or guidance AT ALL, you weren't given details of how and when to worm, what to look for with issues, what genetic problems may occur etc.
ETA: I kept my mouth shut before, but I felt the need to explain my position on this here. Oh, and the BIGGEST & MOST COMMON way of getting you to buy without you asking too many questions is to say "This is the last puppy left and if it doesn't go soon I will have to have it put to sleep" OR "This is the last puppy left, it is the runt and is a little bit sick and may need to be put to sleep" or something similar/along those lines.
Amy, I don't want to upset you, but this is why we have all said Puppy Mill/Farmer about your puppy. I hope this clears it up, although in your time here you did have this explained to you as well. You were told what to look for and what to avoid and you ignored the advice you were given. That is not our fault, we just gave you the advice you asked for. It was your choice to ignore it and just get a puppy as quickly as possible.