Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie!

Rural NSW

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Can't wait to see your beagle pup Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Occy View Post
    You don't sound like particularly experienced dog owners - just from your initial posts - sorry if I am wrong. A good medium breed to start with that has a short coat might be a lab x - if youre willing to look at puppies in shelters?

Border Collies are highly trainable and come in flat coats.

The AWL site seems to be down right now but they have lots of dogs.

However, if you're looking at cavvies you're probably more interested in smaller breeds

I like tibbies - tibetan spaniels - not really the dog for me, but have a great reputation

I also love love love cavvies BUT they have lots of health probs and you would need to go to a highly regarded breeder and even then you may not get a totally healthy dog.
    Thats ok! We are not experienced dog owners, this will be our first pet! But I am willing to research and learn all I can!

It is SO hard to choose the right breed! We really do love the Beagle breed and are willing to put in the time and effort with regards to training but now I wonder if we may not have the skills being first time dog owners?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRidge View Post
    My uncle just welcomed the cutest little beagle to his family. They are such beautiful dogs, but they are a hound so they have a great nose and if they get a scent good luck getting their attention and they can be quite stubborn so training may be a challenge, but worth it

And from one nebie to another, welcome
    Thanks for the welcome! I am assuming you have a Ridgeback? He is beautiful! My friend got a purebred Ridgeback last year and I just loved him! Such a loving dog! I would be looking at those if they wern't so big!

Hi &

Thread Information