Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recipes! Share Your Favourites...

Don't tell me I have to re-type all the slow cooker recipes!

Will start to copy and paste them here if you all like (they work just as well in a crockpot in the oven if you don't have a slow cooker, just let me know and I'll put the times and temps in too!)??

Default Mmmmm Calzone's my fave at the Mo

Basic calzone, it's like a folded pizza pocket.

From scratch
    Makes 6 of them

1 Tbs. sugar

1 Cup. warm water (37ish)

1 envelope/packet of yeast

3 1/4 Cups. plain flour

1 tsp. salt

1/4 Cup. olive oil

Add yeast, sugar and 1/4 Cup of the water to a small bowl and let set 5 minutes.

Add flour, salt, oil and the rest of water along with yeast mixture and mix well.
    Turn out onto a floured board and knead dough until smooth and satiny (about 10 minutes).

2 Cups. shredded Mozzarella cheese

2 Cups. ricotta cheese

1/2 Cup. parmesan cheese, freshly grated if possible

2 cloves minced garlic

Mix above together in a bowl.

1/2 Cup. olive oil

1 Cup. chopped tomato

150 grams prosciutto or other flavorful ham thinly slivered

salt and pepper

Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll out into a circle. Brush with the olive oil. Add around 15% of the cheese mixture and spread out on half of the dough. Add tomatoes, ham, salt and pepper to taste.

Fold over dough and press edges together. Brush top with olive oil.

Bake at 230. on a greased baking sheet or tray for about 15 minutes until crust is golden,. If you have a ceramic pizza stone it's even better!

After baking, brush with olive oil again and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
    Last edited by Beau; 03-01-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.

yum some great recipes

Hawkesbury, NSW

Okay, here's one perfect for winter, made it on the weekend and boy is it yummy! Super easy to make too.

Leek and Potato Soup

3 tablespoons butter
    3 leeks, thinly sliced
    1 medium or large onion, chopped
    6 – 8 potatoes, thinly sliced (no need to peel, just wash thoroughly)
    1 litre chicken or vegetable stock (or enough to barely cover potatoes)
    1 cup cream
    salt to taste
    fresh ground black pepper to taste

1) Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat then add onions and leeks. Cook, stirring, until onions are limp and just slightly brown.

2) Add sliced potatoes to saucepan then pour in enough chicken broth to just barely cover the potatoes. Continue cooking over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Using a potato masher, mash and stir potatoes until desired consistency is reached. As you mash the potatoes and the soup thickens, turn down heat and stir frequently with a large spoon to prevent scorching on the bottom.

3) Add one cup of heavy cream (or more if you desire) and salt and black pepper to taste. Cook 15 minutes more over low heat, stirring frequently, then remove from heat and serve. Some crusty bread or garlic ciabbatta goes really well with it.

In My Home Dog Minding

I love tuna bake :-D
    not made from scratch though...
    you can buy the jar from the pasta sauce aisle a the supermarket..
    boil pasta till soft, put it in a big baking dish, add a couple of tins of tuna in olive oil (drain the oil), add the sauce (i usually buy 2 for a big batch) mix well, cover with tons of grated cheese and bake until the cheese is all melted.. then serve with tons of cracked pepper and sour cream!
    haha i am very lazy but this honestly tastes great. and reheating in the microwave later makes it taste even better!

Thread Information