How'd you guys go with your 5 am starts?
How'd you guys go with your 5 am starts?
I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep
Work was sh!t as.
how about u? how did you go with your... whatever AM start?
I got up like an hour ago. Still trying to wake up.
oh you young'uns, so cute.
For me the generation divide is - did you learn grammar and good spelling, do u use txt wrds or creative spelling... and your favourite bands are ones I've never heard of, and you've got no clue who wrote/sang "Too many times" or "The Reflex" or "Pleasure and Pain".
So for DGP's skin.
Two potential cures.
1. the pill - no kidding. There's a variety of pills and side effects but my favourites are no more (two week long with giant cramps) periods, and no more pimples on my face.
2. Stop using soap or detergent and switch to Sorbelene. I use Redwin Sorbelene body wash - you can get it from Woolies/big W here. There is also something called Ego or Evo and another called Sapoderm (the liquid) that is helpful but the straight sorbolene is better. The more you purge the oil from your skin - even if it's dry - the worse your skin will get.
3. Wipe the dirt off your face with a damp cloth several times a day. If you're outside a lot use a sunscreen with vitamin E. Otherwise avoid moisturiser as much as possible -because it's like sticky fly paper for dirt.
4. vigorous exercise and lots of water is good for flushing your skin but you need to keep it clean as well ie shower after. Rain water is better than chlorinated town water (acid) if you can get it.
5. Keep your hands away from your face.
6. for the occasional itchy pimply out break - I've found zorvirax or blistex cold sore cream helps. It's for cold sores but it seems to work on pimples too. NFI why. The pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.
Blackheads are usually pores with oil that have trapped some dirt. So if you can work on reducing the amount of dirt - that helps. If the pores get blocked by the dirt and the immune system kicks in to get rid of it - then you get pimples.
And the really bad news - my grandmother was still getting pimples when she was 70 though the causes were different. And I still get them if I'm not careful / clean, and I'm over 40.
Hope that helps...
Yea, I get the wholething. I only use my emergency pimple stick when I need it to help clear one of those annoyingly big pimples fast (cant say it works THAT well.. just a tad) but one time I accidentally blotted it onto a clear patch of skin, and the next day my chin was like a pimple-town.the pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.
Never will I make that mistake again.
*MooGoo Soothing Balm
*MooGoo Eczema and Psoriasis Balm (For when I need extra moisture
*Hope's Relief Cream
*Planet Earth face wash
*Garnier pimple roller...I use that on pimples and if I have a nasty blackhead.
* Garnier eye roller thingy..This is only temporary solution.
*St.Ives Blemish Scrub
*Planet Earth Sugar Scrub
Of course, I don't use all of these in one go, I alternate on what my skin seems to need. It seems to have made me skin really smooth and I only have two acne scars to get rid of Now I just need something for the fine lines under my eyes and I don't need makeup!
Extremely girly post lol
You might want to try some different types of sunscreen and also a big hat and covering up.
Some sunscreens make my face break out more than others. My niece recently had a massive red inflamation from Hamiltons toddler super sensitive sunscreen. And I plan to stay away from the nano-zinc / invisible zinc sunscreens because they contain nano-particles which can travel straight through skin with unknown long term effects.
I like the banana boat range myself. And I do alright with a coles brand milk type with vitamin E and also a brand called "Deb" but I don't know where you get that. I can't use the hamiltons or the UV Triple guard and some other brands - not so much because they make me break out, but because they're not effective in keeping the sun from burning me.
Is interesting that "invisible zinc" is listed as being nano particle free but I thought nano was how they made the zinc invisible. Banana boat contains a lot of zinc, and it all sits pretty much on your skin instead of "penetrating" which I think works better as a barrier to sun and wind and washes off without adding to pore aggravation - but that's my opinion - there' no science to it.
There's another name for "invisible zinc" - Micronized zinc - and I think I'd still avoid it.
Last edited by Hyacinth; 01-16-2010 at 01:27 PM.
I <33 riding in the morning though. Its so cool, not muggy or steaming like it is afrom 10am onwards lol.
Today was a bad day for me. Full of mistakes.
I opened my creaming soda, only to have it spray all over me. Grr lol
One of the guys, Jack, bought a bottle of FREEZING cold water and threw it all over me 'to help me' COLD!
© Demi's Blog ©
Mollie; ChihuahuaXWestie; MY sunshine.xo
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)