A positive thread for a change!
I have had a terrible year. I lost a good family friend who waslike a grandmother to me. I also lost three dogs in quick succession - so much so - I didn't ever really get to grieve for Flash.
I lost Cappy - who had been my baby for so many years
I lost Flash - who I had only just begun to really get to know
I lost Billie - who was my heart
I could cry and moan about it. I could tell you about all the other terrible things that have happened. Losing them hurt and still does. But I refuse to drown in the negativity.
As the year draws to an end, I want to look at the positives.
1. Rufus would have to be the highlight of the year. He is just such a very good dog. He is willing and wants to work whilst also being stubborn. He is a heap of fun.
2. New house!! - I finally moved from the hole I was living in to a nice place - with good furniture and a positive vibe!!
3. The cats. I lost my oldies yes - but this opened the door to have cats for the first time in my life. Grace and Einstein are here to stay and I have discovered the ease of owning cats
4. I only have young animals. I love the oldies and spent a lot of time rescuing them, and will again I imagine, but for now everyone in the house is young and vibrant and learning. There are things they dont know and we are learning together.
5. I had a great year in my job and my load for next year looks ace - intellectually stimulating!
6. I met a fantastic person at work who changed how I thought about a lot of things and opened up the world to me in many ways
7. I finally have a chaise lounge - always wanted one and now I have it!!
8. I successfully finished the first part of my Masters degree and will have the rest of it by the middle of next year!!
9. I have started doing obedience again with a view to competition
10. I have reassessed my trip overseas and will eventually go overseas in a much better position than i would have had I gone next year!!
Every one of those positives have a potential negative - but why would I look at it from the persepective?
Come on - top 10 things that have happened to you this year!! If you live in the negative you become the sort of person who sucks the life out those around you. I dont intend to be that person