funny how a year can zoom by and you don't even notice the good stuff...
In no particular order - cos I can't be stuffed sorting them.
1. Did big car trip with Frosty to Canberra, and Mudgee, and tried to go scuba diving at South West Rocks but managed to avoid getting flooded in (eek, and can we have some of that water on the west side of the divide please).
2. Did lots of obedience with Frosty and she graduated basic obedience / grade 5.
3. Played a full season of winter hockey for the first time since buggering knee in 2004. We made grand final and lost it 0-1. Sigh.
4. Played "Golden Oldies" and german team that I was "liaison" for, paid the Wind Up dinner ticket for me ($250 or about $10 each for them).
5. Got frame for grape vine shade for west side of house installed. Failed to get grape vine installed but I do have a bit with roots on, just need to get it into some soil...
6. Introduced Frosty to lots of rellies, got some invites to run around on their farms.
7. Helped lots of people fix their computers.
8. Got niggly bit of car fixed.
9. Got an invite to ancient auntie Pop's 90th - from herself.
10. Organised the Christmas Ham - and it was well received.
Fine, I'll do it for you
Natty's posts inspired me to discover different breeds of hounds, which was very interesting and when I did my assignment on dogs, I knew the most breeds!
Natty's posts got me to google what sighthounds were, so I learned more.
That's all I can think of for now.
Aw **** Occy, I can't think of 10 good things! been a bitch of a year.
Hmmm, let's see...
1) We were robbed, but i guess the replacement stuff suits me better.
2) Our new car was stolen and used for a break-in, but I guess whne the insurance company finally paid out i found a SUV I like better than the other one! Lol.
3) Our cat died, but now we share our life with Simba, who we never would have saved had we not lost Salem.
4) Zed was a massive sad case, but led me to research and find my new puppy (only a few eeks to go now!!!)
5) Son lost his chance to represent Tassie again due to needing 2 operations - but hey, that has saved us some money!!!
6) New house we bought is crappy, but we love it better than the dream home we just sold. GREAT POSITIVE!
7) Thanks ot Di i know now how to get birds out of my house.
8) I found this dog forum.
Sorry Occy, i ran out. truly.
this year has been up and done but in comparison to last year it was easier!
My daughter changed schools for the 3rd time (first 2 were horrible beyond belief) and we had a very rocky start thanks to an over baring mother, but thankfully that's settled and she LOVES IT
i lost 15 - 16 kgs, still have 7 to go, but hey! thats a big start
i started going out more with friends, and joined a volleyball team, we won the grandfinal 6 weeks ago..
my partner lost his job, we were flat broke, but it taught us what we did and didn't need and how useless some of the materialistic stuff we had was, and now he has a job it's less full on and we enjoy each other more
Thanks to above situation we've learned to talk more.. we've had a lot more arguments this year but at least we can talk about it..
I realised that a lot of pretend to be my friends aren't, and am no longer wasting time on them, i have some great friends and thats all i need
we booked 2 holidays and don't have to cancel them thanks to OH having his job again... this means we get to take MISS T back to where she was born vic, to qld for a holiday (all in 1) and den and i are having our first ever holiday without Miss T 4 nights in bali in a private villa ( i have a gf who organised it all for us on the sly and we only had to pay for taxes)
i learnt that life is what you make it, and not what others do for you... hard to explain but it's really changed my outlook
Switched degrees and am loving it no looking back now... Couldn't have done it if it wasnt for OH work changing..
One huge positive for me, and a HUGE hi 5 to myself was finding that all I had felt most of my life...eg if you can not fix a situation..change how you deal with it. ...That no matter what life throws at you there CAN be positives and fun and smiles has come over with me after this bloody cancer diagnosis. It is one thing to think you have these ideals that yes are tested with stuff but when the biggy hits and you still have them..wow. I am a very lucky woman.
Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)