I have just got back from viewing the puppies. I left at 8.30am this morning for a 40 minute trip - rarely did I go over 80kms per hour, and many drivers on the highway were failing to get over 70!
Why did it have to pour like this today. It is coming down and is never-ending.
So the bad news is I didn't get any new photos. I didn't even manage to get the camera out of the car. When I arrived the breeder was busy trying to get the puppies from her car to the puppy shed through puddles of mud with it pelting down. She breathed a massive sigh of relief when she saw me drive in, I can tell you! Lol. (They had just had their first vaccinations.)
However the breeder has got some photos she took just the other day so will e-mail them through to me, so at least I can post them to show how much they've grown.
The vet this morning weighed them and they are around 7.9 kilo at six weeks.
After helping to carry them all through the rain to the puppy shed I reckon they weighed about 15 kilo each!
I got a bit wet and smelly because I had shoes with a slight heel and the concrete path was ruddy slippery, so I was walking slowly and I was so praying that I wouldn't slip over and hurt myself or the puppies.
Lights went on in the shed (yes it is that dark here today) and all six of them decided to check me out. There and then I'm glad I didn't want all six, cause they are all just stunning. I felt like a sook, actually.
I have finally chosen. Well, sort of, as there's a little hitch...
After the puppies had played with me, climbed all over me, wet and slobbered me further for approx half and hour, they decided enough was enough and toddled off to have a sleep after their vet morning.
All except one. She never left me. Even when all the others had drifted off to sleep, she stayed. I looked at breeder, breeder looked at me, we have a wee problem.
The bitch (yes a female) who stayed with me was actually the one bitch the breeder's husband wants her to keep for themselves. Oh dear. She explained that she preferred another bitch in the litter, but they would have to come to a final agreement. (Husband and wife, I mean.)
So you see my predicament. That little girl has thrown a spoke in the works, I'm afraid. So now they have to come to a final decision whether to let me have that little girl and choose the other one. I'm hoping that as the woman shows them in the ring, not the husband, she will have the final say, and that little girl will be mine. Fingers crossed.
Sorry for long post - I know I would give Gone with the Wind a run for it's money.