Page 100 of 304 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3039

Thread: The Chat Place...

MIIINE

Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    That's what I was asking yesterday for Vic Anne... was meant to get a cool change at lunch time but it didn't arrive until around 5pm.

It's cold here today.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    Yes we got our cool change is Adelaide yesterday from 44 to 26 in one day. Yesterday was also raining which was nice although made things a little sticky ...yuck!

Today is nice again, 20 and mostly sunny
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Its fairly chilly down here on the peninsula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    It's freezing here! Loving it!
    Sooooo unfair I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screwed up the first post and then it posted right the second and I didn't even press the post button again. The heat is getting to me AND my computer!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    Sorry mate !! *"Perfect Weather Fairy" flies over Oz, waves wand & gives everyone the climate they're looking for*
    I would just like to extend a huge thank you to The Perfect Weather Fairy, when you flew over and changed my weather you took my breathe away with the cool breeze and the "no sun". My Deepest gratitude and respect for what you do.

In all seriousness a cool change has come through Canberra!!!!! Everybody rejoice!! Well at least everybody that has the cool change, for the poor bastards that don't - my thoughts are with you in your time of need and DoG I hope you get it soon!

Yeah !!! *claps hands together* How good do YOU feel right now ??!!

Funny thing is we all (kids, dogs and me) went into the sprinkler and clam pools to keep cool, out we all traipse to go inside and get changed. I go outside to clean up and it's cool but I didn't even realize because I thought it was just me being still wet, Took me about 10 minutes to even realize it was a hell of a lot cooler outside!

We have a change of sorts but the humidity still seems really high.

Yep, just checked and we have relative humidity at 66%.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Off for the afternoon walk.

Lets hope it goes better than the morning one that was interrupted by the council oval lawnmower at 7:30am. Sheesh - it's dogs off lead there before 10am so come mow after 10am. It's not hot today so that's no excuse either.

Have a good walk Hyacinth!

Had an interesting walk.

Couldn't let Frosty go on the oval unfortunately because there was one dog there that had attacked her previously and the owner was a bit unpredictable. Last time he was there I left in a hurry because he said he was going to let his dog off anyway - despite me asking not to - and it attacked three other dogs after I left (reported to me the next day by someone who was there) no serious damage but dogs were screaming - even I heard that as I left.

And there was someone there with a AmStaff/Pitbull who said her dog was a bit "unpredictable" and yet she allowed it off lead and unmuzzled too. Frosty can be a bit "unpredictable" in that she will sometimes not come when called and may approach a dog that is "unpredictable" if I let her off the lead - so I didn't. Had no choice then but to do the walking around the streets and footpaths which Frosty was less than impressed about. Several times she tried to crawl back to the oval - she lies down, hugs the ground and then pushes herself along like a crocodile - doing the "commando crawl". Very powerful but doesn't get very far in the harness.

And we get to the top of the first street - to be greeted by a large black lab that I recognised as one of the "regulars" and belonging to an old uni friend of mine - he'd busted his gate open and let himself and his mate out and they followed me and Frosty up the hill. So I went back and knocked on the door - no humans home. So I persuaded him and his doggy friend to go back into their back yard and shut it as best I could - it's definitely not big pushy labrador proof. But they didn't follow me again either.

After that the walk was fairly uneventful.

Thread Information