Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm the Proudest Mum Today

Talking I'm the Proudest Mum Today

I'm just bursting with pride...

Taya swam on her own today

I took some Happy Paws treats with me and was encouraging her to swim ie feet not touching the ground lol. I eventually got her 'swimming' and then she really did swim properly!! That was a good note to end on so I gave her a big cuddle and the rest of the treats.

I walked to the other end and there was a nice sized piece of driftwood. Well, she ended up really swimming to get it!! I even held it in front of her and she followed it out to around 10m from the shore. She obviously gained a bit of confidence once she realised she wasn't going to die.

The water was perfect - no waves at all. The poor thing really does want to come out but is just scared of her feet not touching the ground. But hopefully today is the start of her swimming days

I just can't believe it, I'm so proud of my girl

That is wonderful! Milestones passed are fantastic! Please give her a hug from me.

Well done! that is awsome news....It is sooo nice to see, I know the feeling! makes you just glow all over with happiness

I always though swimming was a natural talent dogs possesed. Obviously not Good job Taya
    Education not Legislation

This news makes me very, VERY happy Loren. Especially as you're so chuffed about the result.

Wanna post something on my "feedback" page ?

aww that's brilliant news, good girl Taya for being so brave & having fun @ swimming ,

Loren, it's a lovely happy feeling when our dogs make us so proud hey.

It certainly is a great feeling

Di - I gave Tay a hug for you

Lol Myf - no, definitely not a natural thing for some dogs. A couple of people today said it took their dogs one/two years!

I had to laugh - a friend of mine said her pup swam on his own today too. I said he's 6 years ahead of Taya!

Of course I'll comment on your website GSD!

So you should be proud Loren!
    Well done both of you!
    WAY TO GO TAYA !!!

Well done Taya! What a brave girl you are And well done Loren too! I think I said it already about 100 times... Our girls are sooo similar... If I wouldn't know it better I would say they are related

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Of course I'll comment on your website GSD!
    *2 thumbs up* Your comments that I post help "browsers" to decide ... "I must buy these treats."

Thread Information