Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAR PEI RESCUE Victoria

lol, go for your life DGP!! And glad I have been able to add to your education Tkay!
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

I wish I could put a little halo above your avatar Shar LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    I wish I could put a little halo above your avatar Shar LOL
    ooooh no don't!!! I suspect it would slip and choke me lol

Is that Allie in your avitar?????
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

Maybe

Great post. Thanks for the info.
    Its great to see your extremly honest about the breed especially with the behavourial side as many people tend to paint a picture of cuddly little dog.
    Believe it or not most people used to think Nero was a Sharpei due to the wrinkly skin. Still get that occasionally but now as he nears 65 kg its only the really uneducated.
    I had suspected that the TV campaign may have had an impact on the numbers given the high level of "cuteness" a Sharpei pup gives.
    Anyhow again a great post

Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Great post. Thanks for the info.
    Its great to see your extremly honest about the breed especially with the behavourial side as many people tend to paint a picture of cuddly little dog.
    Believe it or not most people used to think Nero was a Sharpei due to the wrinkly skin. Still get that occasionally but now as he nears 65 kg its only the really uneducated.
    I had suspected that the TV campaign may have had an impact on the numbers given the high level of "cuteness" a Sharpei pup gives.
    Anyhow again a great post
    Nero is a spunk! However if I had a pei that weighed what he does I would be very worried lol

Hi Shar,

I've just been looking at the website and wanted to let you know my OH commutes from Brisbane to Sydney every week and occasionally Melbourne, so if ever you need his flight details for a dog transport he would be more than willing to help
    The best things in life, aren't things

SPRV, did you see the Daily Telegraph today? There was an article on how a shelter (or maybe RSPCA) needed to do entropian surgery on a Shar Pei. It talked about how they are often needed and the prices. Mentioned the high number of Shar Pei in pounds due to people not realising the amount of care involved. I only had time to quickly scan the article but I think that was what they were on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    Hi Shar,

I've just been looking at the website and wanted to let you know my OH commutes from Brisbane to Sydney every week and occasionally Melbourne, so if ever you need his flight details for a dog transport he would be more than willing to help
    OMG Your poor husband......YES we could use him Syd-Bris at least monthly and Syd-Mel just as often, but we won't overload him lol. Will definately be in touch.... that would be just awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    SPRV, did you see the Daily Telegraph today? There was an article on how a shelter (or maybe RSPCA) needed to do entropian surgery on a Shar Pei. It talked about how they are often needed and the prices. Mentioned the high number of Shar Pei in pounds due to people not realising the amount of care involved. I only had time to quickly scan the article but I think that was what they were on about.
    Well actually there is a story about that Cat. Roland the dog in the article was surrendered at the same time as our Lulu (currently available for adoption - on the SPR web site). I have been in close contact with the lady at the RSPCA who was looking after both of them and we were all ready to spring Roland if needs be, but I received and email from her this morning to say he has been rehomed to a home who already have 2 x pei. Apparently he is a lovely boy! Hopefully potential pei purchasers will read that article and think twice before rushing out to buy their bundle of wrinkles.

A bit of trivia for you.....1 in 3 pei that I have come into care in Vic need entropion, where as its something like 1 in 15 in NSW!!!! Go figure!! But then, I get 1 in 5 from registered breeders and NSW again get something like 1 in 15!! But my SP fever numbers are almost non existant (1 in 40)!!!! Whereas NSW is more like 1 in 5. Different states, different needs maybe, I don't know, I often wonder why the statistics are so different between the states.

Edit to add: Remember we were discussing why a shelter would do an entropion surgery and I said it was not uncommon for this group of shelters......well......I hope you understand what I am eluding to.......
    Last edited by Shar Pei Rescue Victoria; 01-05-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Thread Information