Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAR PEI RESCUE Victoria

He was a real sweetie and stayed in the back seat as good as gold. I was ready this time and had him tied to the back seat head rests so he could move from side to side of the back seat, sit, lie down, whatever he wanted, but not climb into the front. These young lads who think they can drive have to be discouraged - LOL.

Only young (a year if Renbury is correct) and enjoys attention although he doesn't really seek it. Weeping eyes , but I don't know how bad they are. He did lots of wees and a big #2 before entering his crate (which Dogtainers had forgotten to provide - AGAIN !!). I heard him barking as I walked away and had to be really really strong.

Hi There,
    I had no idea Shar Pei's were abandoned to this extent. Very upsetting as they are a beautiful breed - I always wanted one when I was a little girl. (but ended up with Greyhounds!) My mum used to take me to dog shows and I would beg her for one..Cannot understand how they are abandoned....
    Keep up your fabulous work.

NJ looks much better in your pic than his pound one.
    Thanks for saving him SPR.

Today his sister/mate is no longer on the Renbury website (and was due Friday Nov 20), so I'm assuming the owners must have claimed her.

How could they leave him and take her (who was listed as "not friendly")???

He's a lucky boy to have been rescued by SPR, he'll get the loving forever home he deserves
    Foster Carer for Shar Pei Rescue Inc

Vic Update:

N.J. went to the vet today. Aged between 6 & 7 months!!! No entropian and generally in good health. He walked reasonably well on his lead today but is giving my kids the irrates by being in their faces a bit too much. HE NEEDS MANNERS!!!!!! Not really big Leanne, an inch or two smaller than Noah in height, (and Noah is just a little slip of a pei.....in height that is lol), N.J. is much smaller in frame size. He will grow into his body over the next 18 months or so.

Cooper arrived today. 9 months, China brown and has been "kept" under the house all his life. Fur is thick but stripey (due to lack of sun). Poor baby is VERY submissive and timid. At the vet tonight awaiting vetwork tomorrow. Shocking ears, eyes look to be OK. Only 16.4 kg. Skinny as!!! Off to Marilyn & Andy tomorrow for some lovin' and TLC.

Moby is coming into care on Friday and will go straight to our new foster carer "Casster" who is a dog trainer.

I can't believe all three boys who have come in this week have all been young, all untrained and all abuse cases.

I have ordered a box of 24 chicken frames to be minced at the butcher. These three new kids need all the help their bones can get.

Just one request of Dog......please make the next one a girl and please ensure she is reasonably comfortable in her own skin!!!!

And some good news...... Zeb has moved on to his forever home. What a lovely experience he has been, but better off with experienced Chow people than with a pack of pei.
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie12345 View Post
    Hi There,
    I had no idea Shar Pei's were abandoned to this extent. Very upsetting as they are a beautiful breed - I always wanted one when I was a little girl. (but ended up with Greyhounds!) My mum used to take me to dog shows and I would beg her for one..Cannot understand how they are abandoned....
    Keep up your fabulous work.
    Hi Jessie 12345, Thank you for you kind words of encouragement and support. Look out or we will make a pei person of you yet! lol
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LeanneK View Post
    Today his sister/mate is no longer on the Renbury website (and was due Friday Nov 20), so I'm assuming the owners must have claimed her.
    Hate to be pessimistic, Leanne, but I doubt whether that is the reason she is off the site

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    Hate to be pessimistic, Leanne, but I doubt whether that is the reason she is off the site
    Oh, can you please enlighten me Florence?
    (PM if you like)

Cooper has had a rotton day today. He went in to be desexed and ended up having a full entropian surgery poor baby. His ears weren't just manky, they are badly infected. And to add insult to injury the little guy has barely seen the sun in his short life evident by the stripes in his fur. I had a really good look at him today as he was still zonked when I picked him up. I thought he wasn't too bad weight wise yesterday because of the amount of kg's, but looking at his feet today, he is a BIG boy who is possibly 10kg underweight, he really is so bloody skinny.

I hope this one pulls through, I think he may just be the worst case I have seen to date.

Earlier this afternoon N.J. and I went down the street and sat in a cafe close to the railway to feel the rumble of the trains and watch the people and dogs go by. He coped quite well, a little too stressed to take treats for doing as I asked but in all quite well. I don't think he knows how to play. He sees a dog and just wants to be 2 cms from its face lol. This behaviour has Noah, Henry and Bella livid and consequently N.J. is being swapped between OH & I. Whoever doesn't have N.J. has our beasts until we can be sure there will be no blood spilt. Until then, we will play musical doors lol I will continue to flood him daily with outings and see if we can settle him down a bit which I am confident of doing, afterall, he only arrived 2 days ago.

Leannek....I left a little parcel behind your wire door today, hope you got it OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shar Pei Rescue Victoria; 11-19-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Amanda, you're wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by LeanneK View Post
    Thanks Amanda, you're wonderful
    thanks Leanne......I'm listening lol

And here comes Elroy!!! Coming over from WA and will be with us just in time for entropian surgery in the first week of December. 11mth old red. His owner took him to the vet in September and was told he would need entropian. A couple of days later she took him to boarding kennels and booked him in for a week. That was the last he ever saw of her. The pound has requested he be placed only with breed specific rescue so he is jumping on his broomstick and heading over to the east.

Thread Information