My heart goes out to you all.
My heart goes out to you all.
sorry to hear about your PIL old doggy, hope what ever decision is made is done in the best interest of the doggy & done soon.
What a sad situation. I know when Holly was deteriorating earlier this year I agonized over the 'right time' to take her to be pts. Just when I thought it was time she would sort of rally round and brighten up a bit ( or maybe I just imagined it, I dunno). It was definitely the hardest decision I have ever had to make, especially given I had a teenage son begging me not to do it!
I used to wake up each morning, part of me hoping she had passed in the night and part of me dreading that she had, It was just an awful awful time.
I really feel for you and your inlaws. When you are emotionally involved it is so hard to see the bigger picture. All you can do is talk to them, as you are, but it doesn't sound like they are ready to listen. I hope the dog passes of her own accord soon.
The best things in life, aren't things
Huanic, your post have been reported to admin, hopefully this will be the last we see of you around here...
Oh Puggers... I'm sorry. It must be so hard for you to see her that way..
A massive and loud hissy fit might be in order.
Sometimes, with some people, it's the only way for them to see that you are serious about the issue and to make them take action - if only to avoid repeat hissy fit over the same issue the next time they see you.
I'd phone the vet just before closing tomorrow and check. And then first thing the day after I'd phone and report to RSPCA - with request for keeping name out of it.
This is such a tough post for me to answer but I am probably guilty of the same thing here, putting off the inevitable. BUT, Geisha is still able to go outside for her poos & pees. she insists on going way up the back yard where she always went before she got sick, even tho it is a hell of a struggle for her to do it. Inside she drags her self along on her tummy until she gets close enough to the back door where she can have a big drink of water before making the long journey, by this stage she is up on her feet, with a lot of difficulty. She will not drink from a bowl of water inside either. I sit on the floor next to her and hand feed her twice a day & she gulps the food down, nothing wrong with her appetite. My predicement is Russell, he is in the last stages of cancer & gets so terribly upset when I try to discuss her "situation" with him. I bit the bullet the other day & suggested that when the time comes, her ashes can go with him so he will have his beautiful girl with him for ever more. When I decide my poor baby really has had enough, and I have to make that decision while I still have Russell, that will be the end of him too, he loves her so much I know he will throw the towel in himself. So --When i s the right time???? Well you tell me ---because I'm buggered if I know.
Oh Pei, such a hard one. My heart goes out to you.
Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)