Am looking at getting a first dog.
Am married (no kids - yet). Live in a semi with a smallish yard. Wife and I are at work during the day.
Will take dog for walks in morning/evening.
Was thinking of getting a toy poodle, or maybe a cross poodle mix. But open to other suggestions based on appropriatness.
Our general requirements/concerns
1) Not alot of space - so the dog cant be too active
2) Looking at a smaller sized dog (wife doesnt want to be jumped on - pushed over by big dog)
3) A dog that wont shed
4) A dog that wont get bored during the day if noone is around
5) A dog that is obedient/easily trained
6) A dog that is child friendly.
So given the above -
a) Is a dog an appropraite pet for us?
b) If so the which one would be most appropriate breed?