recently, my vet suspected that my 10 (almost 11) year old maltese has cushing's disease. he has major hair loss and he's very lethargic however he doesn't appear to be in any pain. test results indicate it's highly likely he has cushing's, hypothyroidism and a heart murmur (among other things) was also discovered. to improve/maintain quality of life i undoubtably sought out treatment options and have discovered these can be very expensive and may be potentially harmful. i don't know if i have any other options. my vet has advised it may be best to not treat him.. but it pains me to think my dog's health will continually deteriorate before me and i don't want to eventually be forced to make that decision..
any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks