Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having a Visit

Default ....

Last edited by puggerup; 12-31-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Wishing you well for your "play date" on Friday. Keeps us posted.

SE QLD

Sending you all the very best of luck for Friday. Good for you to give him a chance for a forever home.
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Hope it all goes well.
    Reminds me of a few months ago when I was looking for my 2nd dog. I remember being excited, nervous, and feeling really guilty over dogs that just weren't right.....just be patient and don't rush things, it's a big decision and you and your pooch have to be 100% comfortable with your new friend.
    It's so easy to loose patience. I nearly gave up after a while...
    Anyway, best of luck. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
    PS. Just think "everything happens for a reson".

Northern suburbs of Cairns FNQ

Pugs and Cavaliers are a great combination. I used to take my Pugs to shows with a friend who had Cavs. From puppyhood they played together and always got on really well. My friend always bought her Cavs and Bulldogs when she came to visit and it was great to watch them racing around with the Puggies on our 12 acres.

As Pugs and Cavs are both fairly placid and sociable breeds two boys shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Wishing you a happy play day, hope all goes well & both doggies get along just fine, good on you for wanting to rescue rather than buy a puppy

Sunshine Coast, Qld

How exciting, I hope it goes well and they become lifelong friends.

I definitely want to get another dog when Jenna is older. I know I'm supposed to wait til she's about 2 but we'll see if I can wait that long. I want to get a rescue doggie next time too.
    The best things in life, aren't things

Awww... that's so sweet of Dolly to be so kind
    Sounds like she's keen to have a brother/sister.
    Try to think + P
    I don't think a comment like that would have blown your chances. Having your pooch stolen does not make you an irresponsible dog owner and the lady should know that.
    Fingers crossed! Hope you get a call real soon with the good news.
    ( Did she tell you when to expect some news?)

Wow, just read the first post today! Fingers crossed for you puggerup! I agree with Mags, "Having your pooch stolen does not make you an irresponsible dog owner" there is so much you can do, but like kids you cant watch them EVERY SINGLE second. LOL sorry though, KIDS! hehehehe, superglue those mouths shut! Just Kidding!! Always saying the worst thing at the worst moment though hey! I think if anything that lady should have left with a slight giggle, i can imagine you came off very responsible, dolly was fab, and i bet your jaw would have dropped when your 11yr old said that!

Good luck guys! Hoping to hear good news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    I just got a call from her and she is on the look out for me
    She says I have a perfect home for a rescue, but Bronson (the little Cavie) has a stage 3 heart murmer and she was worried that if his condition worsened, then he won't be as playful as Dolly which will defeat the purpose of getting dolly a playmate.
    I loved the sookiness of Bronson and the way be snuggled up to me on the couch, but it's not just my needs that are important LOL

He has gone to a 56 year old retired single lady which I am sure will be a much better environment for Bronson when he gets older.

So.. it's not over.. she is wanting to get us a dog, which is great
    Back to a million phone calls, applications and pound drop ins for us LOL
    It sounds like she is doing the right thing. Being specific and careful when looking at new homes is how to ensure that everyone - the dog, you and your family, your dog and the rescue - are ultimately happy and the match is life long.

Good on you for understanding too. Some people get so ticked off at me when I say that I don't feel they are a match.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Thread Information