Thread: 6 month greyhound desexed male.

Default 6 month greyhound desexed male.

My daughter wants to 'rescue' a grey hound.
    Where can we find info on BSL around requirements re muzzle use.

I have 2 muzzles and daughter will clicker train that once hes settled if necessary.

I usually see a older gentleman walking 4 on my dawn walks. But no sign of him all this week. Of course.

Will a gsd break it? Friendly rambunxtious play style. They look like they'd snap. Eek

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I have no idea on the particular questions you have but I just want to say Greyhounds are so awesome! Lazy as anything but such great dogs, their nails seem to grow like weeds though, so keep an eye on that.

My uncle has one with a staffy and they get along great, not sure what play style they have though compared to a GSD.

So the greyhound met my 2 on sunday. And she didnt get broken.
    She was rather assertive/aggro reactive when mounted by Eli, fair enough, it pisses me off too.
    Now there is an odd thing wrong. And gross alert!
    When she pops. A little nugget is retained by the anus sphincter and sits just outside. So she needs her bum wiping after she goes.
    Is there any suggestions for this. Coz wiping my dogs butt for the next 10 yrs? Ewww n gross

I think from November the first they do not have to wear Muzzles anymore.... I cannot find the info, but it was sent to me... I think I would google it
    Pets are forever

Green collar license assessment is due this month, which shell pass as no prey drive at all!
    Your right about nails. I trim nails from 2 Italian greyhounds I walk with monthly. As I cant stand how long they are each month causing their toes to lean sideways. But owner is not doing a good job of them and wont/cant pay a groomer.

Quote Originally Posted by newfsie View Post
    I think from November the first they do not have to wear Muzzles anymore.... I cannot find the info, but it was sent to me... I think I would google it
    Sorry ‘newsfie’ - I couldn’t find any reference/news to no muzzles being allowed for greyhounds anywhere in November this year.

Greyhounds are 100% sight hounds + they love to run after prey. That is how they are trained to race.

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    Green collar license assessment is due this month, which shell pass as no prey drive at all!
    Your right about nails. I trim nails from 2 Italian greyhounds I walk with monthly. As I cant stand how long they are each month causing their toes to lean sideways. But owner is not doing a good job of them and wont/cant pay a groomer.
    Is this pup a she or he ?

‘bernie’ - Good stuff that this pup will be assessed by GAP to get her green collar !

As far as your comment – ‘Where can we find info on BSL around requirements re muzzle use.’

Greyhounds being required to wear muzzles – has nothing to do with BSL. It is law. BSL was engineered to get rid of pitbulls in our country ! The only problem is the checklist was extremely faulty.

http://gap.grv.org.au/greyhounds-muz...f-lead-public/

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/pets/dogs/greyhounds#

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    Now there is an odd thing wrong. And gross alert!
    When she pops. A little nugget is retained by the anus sphincter and sits just outside. So she needs her bum wiping after she goes.
    Is there any suggestions for this. Coz wiping my dogs butt for the next 10 yrs? Ewww n gross
    Look at what this pup is being fed to solve this problem. Any raw edible bones ?

Thread Information