Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webbed Feet Dog Breeds ! Who has a Pup that has Webbed Feet ?

Default Webbed Feet Dog Breeds ! Who has a Pup that has Webbed Feet ?

I was absolutely astounded that someone on a FB page that I follow - didn’t know and was surprised their dog had webbed feet !

Not something I've ever given much thought to, to be honest, haha!

I've heard of certain breeds having webbed feet... had a quick google for pictures and found this.
    dogs-webbed-feet.jpg

My dogs feet are definitely not like that, I see the occasional dog through work with feet like this, but not heaps.

LOL - Well my 2 pups have webbed feet !

Finnick is a standard poodle - Isn't he ? Have you checked his feet ?

You know what? It’s never occurred to me to check!

Now I have to remember to check when I get home

surprise, surprise LOL.... I have four and soon to be five... I have two dogs with huge paddles, they swim so fast they leave a wake... When you get rescue by the two of them it is AWESOME...

Two of my newfs have saucer size webbed feet. the other two not so much. I think my new pup, who is Finnish bred will have HUGE feet if she is anything like her Dad, who I trained with in Finland.
    Pets are forever

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    LOL - Well my 2 pups have webbed feet !

Finnick is a standard poodle - Isn't he ? Have you checked his feet ?
    Finn has webbing between his feet but it's certainly not as prominent as the photo I posted above... I dunno how much webbing = webbed feet but I never thought of Finn's feet as webbed, haha

Honestly never given it much thought though... all i think about his feet is how much of a pain in the butt it is to shave them all the time

Quote Originally Posted by newfsie View Post
    surprise, surprise LOL.... I have four and soon to be five... I have two dogs with huge paddles, they swim so fast they leave a wake... When you get rescue by the two of them it is AWESOME...

Two of my newfs have saucer size webbed feet. the other two not so much. I think my new pup, who is Finnish bred will have HUGE feet if she is anything like her Dad, who I trained with in Finland.
    LOL – Of course Newfs have webbed feet ! They wouldn’t be able to do what they do – If they didn’t have them ! They were bred for water work – Hence they have webbed feet !

Gosh – I can just imagine the size of an adult newf’s foot – Plate/Saucer like is a really good description.

I have only meet 1 newf - a baby girl 10 week old newf – But that was a very long time ago. I have never seen or come across an adult one. But WOW – The size of that pup’s feet blew me away !

I hope you are going to post photos of this new little one you are getting – Please !

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Finn has webbing between his feet but it's certainly not as prominent as the photo I posted above... I dunno how much webbing = webbed feet but I never thought of Finn's feet as webbed, haha

Honestly never given it much thought though... all i think about his feet is how much of a pain in the butt it is to shave them all the time
    I don’t know why you would not be interested in the breeding history behind your poodle ! Of course the breed has webbed feet. They were originally bred as water retrievers – hence the need for webbed feet.

In the early days of the breed - poodles were classed as ‘Gun Dogs’.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    I don’t know why you would not be interested in the breeding history behind your poodle ! Of course the breed has webbed feet. They were originally bred as water retrievers – hence the need for webbed feet.

In the early days of the breed - poodles were classed as ‘Gun Dogs’.
    I never said I am not interested in the breed history.

Have spent many many hours over the years researching poodle history.

And we have a standard poodle friend who is an awesome water rescue dog, as most of the retrieving breeds are we find, labs, goldens, flatcoats etc....
    Pets are forever

Thread Information