Thread: Petsafe RF 1010 Transmitter troubles

Default Petsafe RF 1010 Transmitter troubles

We have have 2Ha with a ringlock fence...not secure. We have 3 dogs, one of whom is a wanderer if allowed to do so. So we bought and installed a Petsafe containment system.

Anyone know any tricks for these? I have not actually had to work with it for about 4 years. It just sat o9n the wall and worked. I thought I was OK with it but everything I have tried has not fixed my problem.

I have contacted Petsafe, but will not get a reply until at least Monday. Meantime I watch my guys like a mother hawk. It's tough on all of us.

Our first transmitter died, possibly from lightning. I bought a new one, but it keeps indicating a perimeter wire problem.

I have:
    - visually checked the perimeter.
    - multimeter tested all the joins; I found one corroded break and repaired it.
    - checked the total perimeter resistance at 25 ohms, which is spot on for 600m -odd of 1 mm single strand wire.
    - checked resistance to ground at 14 M Ohm minimum and infinite on the other wire at the transmitter
    - run a 20m test loop and tried again.

All of this has still resulted in the transmitter indicating perimeter failure. Do I have a faulty Transmitter, or have I missed something?

So....anyone?

Thanks for any help.
    Nick Peg n Benny (or is it Peg n Benny n Nick?) and now Sam (I had not checked my sig)
    (nTess, forever in my heart) (n Sadie who went far too soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxPveaVcX8Q

I found this, presumably you did also. Troubleshooting video

Thanks for the reply.

I had not seen that video, but that short loop test was what I figured was a logical next step. In fact it's probably the logical _first_ step!

In my defence, you don't usually expect a dud brand new unit.
    Last edited by oldNick; 06-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Nick Peg n Benny (or is it Peg n Benny n Nick?) and now Sam (I had not checked my sig)
    (nTess, forever in my heart) (n Sadie who went far too soon)

Thread Information