Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Paste

Default Golden Paste

Hi all,

Does anyone here use Golden Paste?

I've been reading about it for a while and I'm very sceptical but I thought I'd give it a go. After all it can't hurt can it?

I made a batch last night using 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup turmeric, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I had no coconut oil) and a teaspoon of ground black pepper.

Truffle had a teaspoon in her dinner last night (bowl fed for the first time in a while) but didn't take to it (Not surprising really). Tonight I thought I'd be sneaky and crack an egg in it, mix it all together and give her just that at the start of her meal. That didn't work either. She looked at it, looked at me, looked at it, huffed and looked at me as if to say "Really, what do you expect me to do with that?" Then came a brain wave ... green tripe. Added 2 scoops of freeze dried green tripe, a little water, mixed it all about and what do you know? It all went down with a satisfied burp at the end.

Truffle has no health concerns but according to the research I've done lately golden paste is supposed to also help stress levels.

We've just about stopped using Adaptil as it seems to have no effect but rescue remedy is working wonders so if golden paste helps this too we could be on a winner.

I'm still sceptical but I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts on this.

Thanks,
    Pete.

I use Golden Paste on myself and my dogs. I use organic coconut oil which I am a bit addicted to lol. There is a recent study done by a University that showed it had exciting effects on methylation change in DNA on certain important genes associated with various health issues such as cancer and depression and was featured on Trust me I'M a Doctor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...us-from-cancer

You can get those silicon baking sheets with little pill sized indents and freeze it which often makes it more palatable to dogs and easy to hide or I mix it in their RAW meals and it goes unnoticed. I was bought up on curries so I happily add it to anything that I eat.

To be effective it does have to be combined with fats and pepper

No idea on Golden paste, I know it can cause problems if too much is given. Not something I've ever looked into, maybe one day.

I have a stressed cat... We tried Feliway (cat version of Adaptil) and it sent him psycho both times we tried it, never using it again. Rescue Remedy however is a lifesaver! My cat gets rescue remedy at least 3 times a day if not more often and it has done absolute wonders for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    I know it can cause problems if too much is given.

I have a stressed cat... We tried Feliway (cat version of Adaptil) and it sent him psycho both times we tried it, never using it again. Rescue Remedy however is a lifesaver! My cat gets rescue remedy at least 3 times a day if not more often and it has done absolute wonders for him!!
    Hey,

what problems can it cause? I haven't found anything about problems. 1 teaspoon a day should be OK for Truffle though yeah? She's 16kg.

Also yes, I haven't used Feliway but adaptil was OK but really nothing like it was sold to me as. rescue remedy is great. I take some myself from time to time too.

Pete

The only problems I have been aware of is (1) diarrhoea - because the starting dosage was too much- and (2) smelling like 'cat wee'.

As long as the pup is handling 1 teaspoon a day - then all is good !

Most of the risks i've heard are relating to the fact it thins the blood so needs precaution when health problems and/or medications are involved. Also need to be careful using it before surgery. It's not a huge issue, just one of those things to consider

http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-side-effects/

Interesting. I did not know it thinned blood.

I've also learned not to feed it to her on the carpet. I have a big yellow stain in the middle of my lounge room now

Yes Turmeric stains everything. Your dog should be getting 1/4 teaspoon 2-3 times a day. Vet Dr Doug English has a website and also a Turmeric users facebook page where you can get information and ask questions relating to any potential problems. Turmeric is classified as a food product.

Well that experiment didn't last too long. Truffle started smelling like cat pee which according to Dr. Google means she has a Turmeric intolerance.

Oh well. No huge loss. Can't miss what you never had so that's OK.

Thanks for all the information though.

Pete

Are you finding that ‘Golden Paste’ is having any effect with Truffle ? The ‘Cat Pee’ smell is part and parcel with ‘Golden Paste’ in the early stages of use.

It just shows that it is in her system and detox is happening. Persevere and the smell will go away.

You can add ‘Ceylon Cinnamon’ and/or ginger to the paste - at the end of preparation - and that will help get rid of the smell sooner. Though - It must be ‘Ceylon Cinnamon’ and nothing else.

It would be useful for you to join the FB closed group called – Turmeric User Group UK – to get information regarding this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/turmericusergroupuk/

Thread Information