Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping UNDER the blankets

Default Sleeping UNDER the blankets

Hi all,

Here's an odd ball one for you.

Truffle is supposed to sleep on her bed on the floor next to my side of the human bed BUT I may have caved a few times ... well every night my Wife is not home (normally twice a week) so she has taken to sleeping on the bed with me when my wife is out. Strangely she doesn't even try when my wife is home (Lucky for me). Just in case though we have proofed a whispered "off" In case I hear that distinct metallic click of key in lock.

She will usually sleep at my feet but if it's cold like last night she will sleep kinda spooned up next to me. At around 4.45am every day (the time my first alarm goes off - I hate mornings so I set 4 alarms) she gets up, sniffs my face then crawls in under the blankets. I first figured this was to play but she just lies down and goes back to sleep under the blankets. A few times I've let her lay there for a while and then felt her head and she's been quite hot. If I pull the blankets off her she doesn't move.

I really don't think it's an anxiety thing - her body language is all positive. Any thoughts on this?

I do know she shouldn't be doing this but really - I'm a softie and I don't care. My wife on the other hand ... well if she walked in and found the dog under the sheets you'd hear in it New Zealand

Pete.

hmmm actually never mind. I googled it. Don't know why I didn't think of google first

Doctor Google says because it's safe and that's where I am as a member of the pack.

http://iheartdogs.com/ask-a-vet-why-...er-the-covers/

LOL – You are being very brave letting the pup on the bed – AND – under the covers ! Tsk Tsk Tsk !

This is a photo of my previous boy. This is how he used to put himself to bed ! He was very clever – not like my 2 now. I have to cover them – otherwise they sook ! I wonder - Do pups now-a-days feel more ‘entitled’ ?

As you can see in the photo – this pup has 5 temperature control devices ! It depends on how cold it is as to how many they use !

Pups like a den situation for sleeping. That is why a lot of us on here say that crates are good value. Pups also love being very close to us. So, what your little girl has done is perfectly natural. Was she snoring ?

I have a queen sized futon type bed in my room – that is ‘supposed’ to be the pups bed ! During the warmer months – they do tend to sleep there. During the cooler months – I end up being a GSP sandwich ! I have no need for an electric blanket – so it does save on electricity costs !

I wouldn’t have it any other way !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Riley,

It's often a very thin line between bravery and stupidity. I really should have learned by now when my wife is on the other side of an issue I just have to do as I'm told. She looked at the bed the other day, looked me in the eye, very slowly and with no emotion at all said "There's dog hair on my side." I was cornered. She had the door to her back. I could either down play it and hope she's too tired or I could jump out the window. I stuttered. I couldn't get a single word out, she replied simply "Uh huh." and climbed into bed. I'm still waiting for the consequences. With Kathryn it could come in 5 minutes or 6 years. I live in constant fear

Regarding the snoring; no actually. Come to think of it when she's in or on the bed she doesn't seem to snore. She's shaking my windows snoring away on the couch right now though.

Pete
    Last edited by ihatewetsocks; 05-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.

if you let your dog in or even on your bed - and it sheds or smells like dog at all - there's going to be tracks a wife would notice.

My dog doesn't like sleeping in my bed, she does like sleeping on it but mostly when I'm not in it (like when I'm having a shower). I think this is mostly because the bed is too small for both of us to be comfortable. She won't sit on my lap either - it's too unstable. Sigh.

I had a friend who made the most of 7 dog nights - tho she only had three - they'd all be snuggled up together. Two tiny chi x and one big cattle dog. I made the mistake of loaning her a cream blanket - and it's still got her dog's fur in it - 20 years later.

And my dog's fur is not too comfy right up against my skin either - a bit like some woolen jumpers are itchy. That and the fluff effect - like being in a space with a lot of loose down feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    if you let your dog in or even on your bed - and it sheds or smells like dog at all - there's going to be tracks a wife would notice.
    Somehow Kathryn seems to know everything I've done anyway. Sometimes even before I do it.

Pete.

LOL - I do love your descriptions and 'turn of phrase' !

But - How did the dog hair get on her side of the bed ? I thought the pup was on your side of the bed ?

I may take advantage of the nights Kathryn isn't home and sleep in the middle. Truffle usually sleeps on my right hand side which is Kathryn's side

It's less noticable if you roll your swag out on top of your bed - and sleep with the dog in that instead of in the bed. Note - outside of swag has to be reasonably clean (not covered in sand or dirt).

Quote Originally Posted by ihatewetsocks View Post
    I may take advantage of the nights Kathryn isn't home and sleep in the middle. Truffle usually sleeps on my right hand side which is Kathryn's side
    LOL – You are a real worry young man !

Absolutely no attempt of subterfuge by you and no detective work needed by your DOH ! Sprung !

Are you sure Truffle is not dobbing on you ? You know - ‘Sisters’ stick together – Don’t you ?

Thread Information