Thread: Koda's idea of how to use crates...

Default Koda's idea of how to use crates...

I'm in the middle of moving into a tiny house. I've set up the dogs crates on the deck and I made my own thick covers for them with old curtains and felt... Let the dogs in to explore their new backyard today... few hours later I was doing stuff in the house, looked out the window and saw this...

18554702_1665534670132634_1799066671_n.jpg 18555007_1665534676799300_1832429651_n.jpg

Should have expected it really... Koda loves to sit in high places, haha

ETA: Yes the door of the crate he is on is shut (not locked). But there was a perfectly good second crate with the door open right next to him that he could have gone in... but no, sitting on top is better apparently!
    Last edited by maddogdodge; 05-17-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Pretty sure my dog would agree, if the top was firm enough... she likes up high. I think her perfect kennel / crate would be the back seat of any 4WD... maybe one with no doors.

I'm thinking I might actually put a board across the top of the cages so he can get up there for a snooze when he wants to... Gives him a good place to get away from his annoying little bro (the poodle monster). Koda and Finn get along famously however Finn gets pretty over the top sometimes and I do wonder if Koda gets sick of it. If Finn pushes things too far Koda will snap at him, but Koda's patience level with Finn is beyond what I'd ever imagined it would be, he puts up with SO much.

Finn is too unco to climb up onto the crates, so I think Koda will enjoy being able to get up there on his own.

Well - I don't see any problem with Koda's thinking here ! My 2 agree with Koda - about the 'King of the Castle' type of thinking.
    I am just pleased my 2 haven't gone higher than the futons and my bed !

Agree to you putting a strong/thick type of board over the top of the crates. Some crates are quite sturdy - others not so much.

I would hope you also put up there for Koda - a very comfortable filled doona and a pillow for his head !

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    I would hope you also put up there for Koda - a very comfortable filled doona and a pillow for his head !
    Oh yes of course I'll find some kind of comfy blanket to put up there... one that won't make too much mess when it inevitably gets ripped to shreds

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Oh yes of course I'll find some kind of comfy blanket to put up there... one that won't make too much mess when it inevitably gets ripped to shreds
    No pillow for his precious head to lay on ? WoW - You are so tough !

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    No pillow for his precious head to lay on ? WoW - You are so tough !
    Hahaha, i think a pillow would last about 3 seconds around my dogs

Then it would be snowing!!

Thread Information