Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truffle and the "REAL" Beach

Default Truffle and the "REAL" Beach

To all my devoted tale readers (Riley J),

Truffle had her first REAL (just for you Hyacinth) beach off leash session today.

What a beautiful day and a glorious sunset!!! We went to Osborne (She hasn't been there before but it's not the most picturesque beach ever so not all that popular - Great for Truffle to play around without being bothered by other dogs too much).

We met an off leash dog on the walkway to the beach. I was a little nervous but neither got too excited. They had a sniff and went on their way. The owner of the other dog was really good and let it go for a little before calling his dog away.

Onto the beach and she loved it. We walked up, we walked down, we walked fast, we walked slow, we ran, we SWAM. Truffle actually followed me into the waves and had waves splashing on her. She loved it. She still won't go in on her own but she's happy to follow me in.

Truffle even listened to and followed sit, down, shake, beg and (Somewhat) stay commands! I'm so so proud of the wee lass!

Took heaps of photos until my battery went flat so in no particular order ...

beach 1.jpgbeach 2.jpgbeach 3.jpgbeach 4.jpgbeach 5.jpgbeach 6.jpgbeach 7.jpgbeach 7.jpg

Oh, I like this one too ...

beach 1.11.jpg

I think we're starting to get to the pointy end of this car sickness issue too. Driving from our place in Elizabeth to Westlakes (and a run around on the beach) to Port Adelaide, to Semaphore to Osborne (and a run around on the "Real" beach) and back to Elizabeth with no sickness! What a little trouper!

The poor car seat is now sodding wet and covered in sand. (Front seat not back - MY fault! I brushed trufffle off but not myself!)

Pete
    Last edited by ihatewetsocks; 01-09-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Looks like she had a great time Looks like a beautiful beach too!

Finn and I were at the beach today too (with a doggy friend of ours). Was an on leash only beach though and it was very busy, lots of dogs and people around!

15894931_1496663187019784_6395346149285370014_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Looks like a beautiful beach too!
    hahaha looks can be deceiving. All the dark coloured "sand" in the background in pics 5 and 6 is actually washed up seaweed. There is hundreds of tons of it all along the beach. In a lot of places its up to 1.5 m deep! Otherwise yeah; beautiful beach

I had a giggle at your photo ... can just imagine what's going on in that little one's head ... when I grow up I wanna be like Finn!
    seaweed.jpg
    Pete.
    Last edited by ihatewetsocks; 01-09-2017 at 03:40 AM.

Oh yes now it't not 1am I'm actually noticing the seaweed.... too tired last night to take much notice.

I better get off my computer now though as I've slept in and have about 15 minutes to be out the door for work...

Hmmm I know that feeling. I was awake all night and ended up going into work only because I couldn't sleep. 4am start today. At least I managed to finish early ...

LOL - Cheeky !

Quote Originally Posted by ihatewetsocks View Post
    To all my devoted tale readers (Riley J),
    Loved the photos ! She looked like she had a lot of fun ! Good stuff !

Next trip - Around Australia ? Good to see that you and the pup have sorted out the car sickness issue !

Things will only keep on getting better and better for you all !

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Finn and I were at the beach today too (with a doggy friend of ours). Was an on leash only beach though and it was very busy, lots of dogs and people around!
    Did Finn go for a swim ?

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    Did Finn go for a swim ?
    Close enough Last time we were at the beach he didn't want to go any further than half way up his legs... This time he went right up to his chest so he was almost (so, so close) swimming

This video shows our trip... Looks like Finn is covered in gear but it's just a GoPro harness and a walking harness + his collar. GoPro harness kept coming undone and dragging on the ground, so I eventually gave up and just let it hang, lol.

Sorry, hijacked the thread to answer RileyJ's question

Woohoo ! Loved it ! Boy oh boy - this pup sure knows how to prance !

Won't be long and he will take the plunge ! Good stuff with you 2 giving both of the pups treats !

Thread Information