Thread: HELP HELP please

Default HELP HELP please

Hi Goldie Lovers,
    I'm in need for some serious help!

My poor pup Maverick isn't very well.
    I have been to 5 vets in 12 months and no one can answer me so I'm hoping someone can help here.

When Maverick was 14 months old (a year ago from now) he was being cared by my sister in law. Being a typical crazy goldie when she was caring for him she noticed a change.

She raced him to her vet as she thought he may have injected something, tests were done and he seemed fine... until a few hours later when he was in ICU for 2 days.

They thought he has stomach pains. They gave us some meds and put him on morphine.
    A few weeks passed and it happened again.
    We raced him back and they didn't know. They tested for Addison's Disease but negative.

His symptoms seem to always be the same:
    Gunky eyes
    Nauseous (keeps chewing the air)
    Doesn't eat
    Doesn't drink
    Really sick smell from the mouth
    Puss like from his penis
    And extreme temperature.

It happened again a few months later when my uncle was looking after him.
    Multiple blood tests and nothing found again.
    My uncles vet did too think it was related to a sensitive stomach and said we may need to do a biopsy.

Found another vet that said we had to change his diet. He could only have Royal Canin Analergenic. (His been on that for 10 months now)

In October again he was sick... same symptoms!
    They said he had a liver infection and suggested if we aren't going to breed to consider desexing.
    As soon as he was well we got that done (early December)

The Weather has been rather hot here but again he is unwell.

My vets recommended a stomach biopsy, abdominal ultrasound and endoscopy.

My poor dog is only 2 and has been so unwell for a year. I was hoping that anyone that could possibly have had a goldie in the same situation Help us out.

It's to heartbreaking to see and so unfair for him.

Any feedback would be soooo very appreciated.

Thanks
    Dani

No idea.

But you might want to try a university that does vet training next.

Has he been x-rayed yet?

And it's interesting that this flares up when he's away from you and staying with someone else. Does it happen if you board him at a professional kennels (eg RSPCA or AWL or if your vet had boarding) - if so - it could be stress.

Some of those things could be allergies to things in the environment - the wrong grass, the wrong plants (something called "wandering jew" is really bad but very popular in home gardens and dogs like to lie on it)...

Or he could have eaten a rock or similar.

I also wonder about anxiety......people can get ulcers form Anxiety and so can horses and dogs

and has he been checked for pancreatitis

I have to be hones the dog food they put him on is shite, but I won't go into that

And I would try to find a holisitic vet... they check the whole dog and its living situation, anxiety levels and well just everything
    Pets are forever

Thread Information