Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some thoughts on good food

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    I really want to try chicken feet but can't source any My meat sources are pretty limited unfortunately. I can get chicken heart, liver and giblet at the supermarket. Also lamb kidney and lamb heart at the supermarket. Butchers stock beef heart and lamb brains but nothing else when it comes to those unusual meats.
    Does your butcher sell chickens ? If they do - then ask the butcher to get it in for you. That is what I did and now they stock it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    Does your butcher sell chickens ? If they do - then ask the butcher to get it in for you. That is what I did and now they stock it all the time.
    That is not a bad idea actually! I've thought many times that next time I hatch chicks I should grow the roosters up and then find someone who could kill and prepare them for me to use for the dogs (and for us) Just don't know of anyone who'd do it. I'm too much of a sook to kill them myself.

One thing my butchers do stock which I'd love to try one day for the dogs is whole skinned rabbits Unfortunately they are ridiculously expensive, but maybe one day as a very special treat!

I've added a new ingredient to Truffle's dindins.

Every 2nd day she gets a whole egg now. I've tried the whole egg but she doesn't know what to do with it. Eventually she walks off to the garden and cracks it then licks up the egg (And dirt YAY) but leaves the shell. I've tried cracking it and leaving the shell in the bowl; she just leaves the shell ... I have given her a few leaving the shell out BUT tonight I cracked it, crushed the shell and mixed it in with the food. She ate it all (YAY!!! crowd goes wild ...)

I didn't really care if she ate the shell or not as the amount of calcium it contains is negligible but ... if it's there why not ensure she gets it???

Anyway it's past midnight and I have to get up for work in 4 hours ... I'm going to bed.

Pete.

Thread Information